PDA

View Full Version : Css

Nemesis
28-08-06, 06:13 PM
Firstly im not completely sure that this is the right forum, but it seems to be, because this is technical.

I was looking at McBains profile on his x-fire account. In the bottom right hand corner he has what appears to be a lil "control" section, telling him his fps and other things. Now in quake im good at this and all but in css im a complete noob at this sort of thing. Now i was wondering how you got this and also how you change your max_fps.. And maybe any other settings that could help game play in general.

One more thing, before i click "Submit", how do i bind things. Just to say Thanks, and Sorry so i dont have to stop and type and possibly die? Someone said to me on the server you type:

bind k sorry

but would you do that in the console "

McBain
28-08-06, 06:32 PM
Okay, I've moved it to the HL forum, as it is about HL more than anything technical about a PC.

If I remember correctly, for the stats and figures type 'net_graph 3' in console.

Sharky
28-08-06, 06:40 PM
like mcbain says above, its either net_graph 1/2/3/0

0 makes it go away again. 1 and 2 just show partial information as far as i can remember.

to bind things, type in console, bind "x" "say messagehere"
where x is whatever key you want to bind, and messagehere is whatever you want to say.

as for fps max, type fps_max 100 in console, or whatever you want to cap the fram rate at.

hope this helps. :D

Nemesis
28-08-06, 07:22 PM
oo thanks very much.

sorry about this, just to confirm:

bind g say sorry!

would work right? and then, to make it a tad more compliacted:
bind h say_team Vents!

like that? In quake it is much the same, /bind g say *Thanks*Man*

Simon
28-08-06, 07:24 PM
bind "g" "Say Sorry!"

Nemesis
29-08-06, 11:38 AM
AHHHH

thank you very much, i was wondering why it was saying something about commands. But 1 more thing still :( :P how do ya do team binds..

helios
29-08-06, 12:22 PM
what do you mean by team binds?

Sharky
29-08-06, 12:42 PM
he proabably means say in team talk, ie , pushing 'u' and not 'y'

is it sayteam? or say team or say_team i really dont know sorry.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
29-08-06, 01:14 PM
Bind "L" "say_team Get over here and help me kick their arses now!" ;)

Stokes

Nemesis
29-08-06, 03:24 PM
merci,
thank yow.

(yea that was what i meant :wink: )