PDA

View Full Version : CSS Videos - show off your stunts

BaDBoY UK
16-10-06, 09:39 AM
Here is one round from Assault. I am going to start demo'n my play, and make my own CSS video :thumbs:

Youtube video assault (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXIPi3sgy58)

Most of it would probably be me getting knived though :oops:

Has anyone else made a vid. A while back we had some uploaded, but maybe some of you who may wish to do some yourselves.

Does anyone know how to convert dem files into avi? :lol:

Jak
16-10-06, 10:44 AM
I once made a Halo vid but never made a css one as you will need to convert the files or record using fraps which kills your fps

artofdrowning
16-10-06, 02:46 PM
I know you can record demos of yourself, but i wonder if it is possible at all to change the file type, i am not a fan of fraps, my hard drive is just not big enough, and it lags too much :(

malganis
20-11-06, 09:35 PM
Nice BadBoy. I never did get the hang of Assault, I got annoyed when I tried to play it a while ago and I couldn't shoot through the ladder rungs but people could shoot me through it... hmm I always prefered office anyway

CrapBot
05-12-06, 06:05 PM
I did another one, of me killing my Bot chums. It probably doesn't have particularly any public appeal and it's not very exciting not being able to tell whom I've killed with the crap youtube quality.

However.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IAhurdYHKs

dre
05-12-06, 06:16 PM
NIce video crapbot, i really like the music that goes with the parts of the video as well as some nice shooting. Worth watching :thumbs:

LFFPicard
05-12-06, 06:42 PM
Nice video..
I am off thursdaya nd got a couple D2O vids, not exciting or long but will play with them thursday and make a video :)

malganis
05-12-06, 11:10 PM
lol some serious ownage there! The comment about shotties was from me btw, forgot to leave my name

BaDBoY UK
06-12-06, 06:51 AM
F00k me... that's some awesome deagling :thumbs:

Wp to all bots... you are still camping bastards tho :side: :wink: :lol:

CrapBot
06-12-06, 11:28 AM
haha ! My mouse has carked it, Haven't hit that level of deagling in ages since. Cheers for the comment Mal !

Camping FTW !

artofdrowning
06-12-06, 05:31 PM
Since everyone else is getting into it, i thought i'd post a little preview. My video is in the process, just need some more clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwnktnB43xw

NcA
06-12-06, 06:46 PM
Nice little clip there art :thumbs: I've got 2 clips of clan-play 5-man takedowns if anyone wants to put them into a video?

artofdrowning
10-12-06, 04:03 PM
Nice little shot i made today, another clip for the video :thumbs:

Enjoy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nKSswxI_Jg)

NcA
10-12-06, 07:19 PM
Just a question, but how is everyone A) Capturing the .dem files B)Compressing & encoding all of these videos? I've just used fraps (and yes, it KILLS fps) and it uses it's own codec (which is a bit crap). So any advice for the unexperienced amongst us?

artofdrowning
10-12-06, 07:58 PM
When i'm in a match, record <name here> without the <>'s. Then, once the match is over, type stop. Then, start up fraps, set it to half size, 60 fps, and then playdemo <name here> in console. Record the bits you want, put them into windows movie maker and it compresses them once you save.

M4rch
12-12-06, 02:28 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Untitled_0001-14
^ there

Was something little me and my mate MrPorkey wanted to make a movie and never did end up finishing it .....

There all my frags innit!

dre
24-05-07, 08:31 PM
Suppose i better show off my stunts. My first real try at a movie its not much pretty basic. With the exception of one clip there all from when i was in LNY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnBDqDPE6cM

Eriond05
24-05-07, 09:57 PM
dre u just posted proof ur using speed hax mate ;)

dre
25-05-07, 02:43 PM
oooops meant to edit them parts out :P

Cup
25-05-07, 03:46 PM
If I am in any of the clips, I demand to be put in the credits! And I think I played in the match with the 5 man USP you got ;)

Bob47
25-05-07, 07:33 PM
That is a very impressive video and some slick moves. But i still think you HAX.

Cup
24-07-07, 02:06 PM
Stab stab stab!

http://media.putfile.com/Knives

Faith
24-07-07, 02:42 PM
hehe, cool video clowny :) I did like the Elmer stab as he was trying to be sneaky! :P

Cup
24-07-07, 02:43 PM
I was proud of that, he thought I was upstairs so he wasn't expecting it :P

Bob47
24-07-07, 02:56 PM
pretty good but glad im not there.

but when you go to knife people seem to loose the ability to aim.

Still good work

jezzag
24-07-07, 05:14 PM
lol good vid especially the music it goes so well together

:)

Re^per
09-09-07, 12:28 PM
here's mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DKNLZ4oPy8

Natharn
09-09-07, 12:35 PM
here's mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DKNLZ4oPy8

Did you paint a crosshair on your screen ? :p

dre
09-09-07, 02:51 PM
Im pretty sure you've posted this before somehwere reaper, a few tips try not to take footage off public as its not really very difficult to get kills, as im sure a semi-pro like yourself could eaily get the same footage in matches :wink:

Tony_B
09-09-07, 02:53 PM
Nice Reaper. When was that made? I was led to believe they changed how easy it was to shoot unscoped with any sniper rifle during a CSS update... if it was after, super kudos :)

Ah I cannot wait to get back in the CSS seat... keep up he good work

Re^per
09-09-07, 03:01 PM
what are you talking about dre lol? in matches people are in very predictable positions, such as on dust 2, 1 mid, 2 B, 1 short A, 1 long....no challenge really, except for killing them, where as in public they are everywhere and totally unpredictable which requires better judgment and in-game awarness.

and besides how much fun could you gain watching a match demo?....as CT camping short A waiting for a kill or two....makes great footage that :thumbs:

Just a stab me thinks :?

and @ Tony

wasn't made too long ago, about 2 months me thinks, just at the end of my previous clan dv-g
and thanks for the comments mate :thumbs:

and @ Natharn

No mate, I've seen people do that though.
my technique is to pull out your pistol, so you get an idea where the crosshair is then switch to scout and fire, you see it almost every time in my video.

dre
09-09-07, 03:27 PM
LOL you obviously havn't got a clue, if you actually did you would realise that good clans have several different stratagies as CT.

I struggle how to see killing a bunch of noobs on public is a challenge, the amount of times the whole team runs to a bombsite leaving the other one completly empty is a joke, im pretty sure most people on here would agree with me as well as several other forums.

IM pretty sure reaper, theres at least one round every match where you get a 4 man or a nice 3 man, much better footage than public footage.

Natharn
09-09-07, 06:39 PM
and @ Natharn

No mate, I've seen people do that though.
my technique is to pull out your pistol, so you get an idea where the crosshair is then switch to scout and fire, you see it almost every time in my video.

-----

Myeah thats what I do too

Intense Fear
09-09-07, 07:06 PM
:ranton:
Sorry Reaper but I have to agree with Dre because you have no idea what your talking about. Absolutely anyone can go on a public and pull off a few flukey shots (or even standing around for 10 secs trying to kill 1 person which was in that video) and nobody cares about them. The only CSS frag vids anyone remembers are the ones with players pulling off sick 5mans and getting 4/5 man clutches or a very few amount of WTF 1shots that you dont see often, and this is all match footage where people are playing to win not pissing about on a public.

Also you speak alot of bs about matches and obviously havent played agaisnt a clan who can shoot straight yet alone have any clue about tactics "no challenge really". Please go play agaisnt a decent clan and tell me that.
:rantoff:

Re^per
09-09-07, 08:06 PM
Mate, I've played uncountable numbers of matches, against top clans such as mint and Ki, so untill you have played with me in a match or seen me play, keep your critiscisms to yourself mmmmk?

I think you should act your ages and commend and respect the time people put into things instead of acting like children trying to belittle people by saying "you didn't do this,that,other" ect.

Bob47
09-09-07, 08:52 PM
Ladies Ladies please calm down.

I will say in a match it is harder then public, those shots were good but against top clans you would have died hours before getting those shots off.

But i havent seen you in a match so you may have kicked their asses. TBH i dont care it is a good vid and it dose shot off your no scoping stuff but i find a no scope dosent go in the corsshair and well i never get a no scope. (thats more me then anything else)

dre
09-09-07, 09:10 PM
KI aint a top clan, and we was only offering our opinions on the video.

MackTee
09-09-07, 09:41 PM
As the Merovingian said to Neo:

"Okay, you have some skill. Kill him."

;-)

Intense Fear
10-09-07, 06:25 PM
LOL mint and Ki arent top clans, there are teams they would be lucky to get a kill agaisnt let alone a round. And as Dre said its our oppinions, if you cant deal with them dont post.

Elmer
10-09-07, 07:04 PM
And as Dre said its our opinions, if you cant deal with them don't post.

There is a difference between constructive criticism/opinions about a video and using someones video as an excuse to make personal attacks.

CO|noR
10-09-07, 11:57 PM
Nice Reaper. When was that made? I was led to believe they changed how easy it was to shoot unscoped with any sniper rifle during a CSS update... if it was after, super kudos :)

Ah I cannot wait to get back in the CSS seat... keep up he good work

Um, I think they only did something to the awm tbh..

Re^per
11-09-07, 05:19 AM
And as Dre said its our opinions, if you cant deal with them don't post.

There is a difference between constructive criticism/opinions about a video and using someones video as an excuse to make personal attacks.

Rightly said Elmar

And I'm not sure of the update, nor did I notice any change in the scout or AWPS aimign capabilities, ever. but thats probably just me.

Lestat
11-09-07, 08:38 AM

I don't see how they posted some comments then he rebuffed then they rebuffed. stop posting for posting sakes or at least read all the pages. Reaper Ki and Mint are not exactly what I would call top clans. Probably the top of the worst clans. And frankly if you post a CS video you should expect comments including negative ones, if you don't want them don't fing post.

Re^per
11-09-07, 12:41 PM
Top of the worst? mint are huge and have multiple sectors and Ki are in the top 20 in ED. Yeah they sound terrible.

And what your saying is I should'nt waste my time making videos and posting them if all people are going to do is criticise because it's easier than posting something constructive. thats just "Fing" bitter.

Cup
11-09-07, 01:23 PM
Personall I think you should all go back a page and watch my video again

dre
11-09-07, 02:29 PM
LOL clowny :D

Yes KI and MInt are good ed teams but there not top class, top class teams dont even compete in ed or many other leagues, infact i dont think either of the teams mentioned above compete in any other league than ED, hardly callable top class. Top class are fnatic 4K, and various other teams.

Bob47
11-09-07, 02:44 PM
Clown the vanity and the ego are always good for a laugh.

Re^per
11-09-07, 03:48 PM
Ok Dre, so can you boast to have played fnatic ect? if no, then just stfu bitching.

Jetpac1
11-09-07, 05:01 PM
Ok Dre, so can you boast to have played fnatic ect? if no, then just stfu bitching.

i been watching this unfold and you guys should really stop the petty arguing! seriously why are you doing it . its been stated before everyone is entitled to your opinion. i liked the movie alot others may not. Bu please stop this flame war now is getting tedious!

dre
11-09-07, 06:25 PM

No, nor have I claimed to. I was just pointing out which clans are top class. so shhhh

Tony_B
12-09-07, 06:55 AM
LOL!

All this over some scout shots.

Personally, I thought the video was funny, but I took it was it was - a video of scout shots - not a super match video designed to show that someone was mid-high!!!

Jesus boys!

I think that dre expressed an opinion, in what was possibly slightly childish and funny, then Reaper took it the wrong way... end of surely?

If you are good at CSS, you're good at CSS - no-one can take it away from you - but it's like little thugs on the street - if you have to prove yourself every 10 seconds, then you aint good :)

To repeat myself - funny vid and a good watch 8-)

Lestat
12-09-07, 03:02 PM
I agree with dre mint are a ED clan means nothing. Sure they are big doesn't mean they are good. As for your videos if you can't take the criticism along with the praise don't post.

Reaper you are obviously some guy who has come from another forum with preconceived ideas. You should throw them all out of the window on this forum.

As for the rest of you complaining it is a flame war or shit most of you contribute by trying to bully people and continue to post just like I am. So you are all to blame as well.

Re^per
12-09-07, 05:18 PM
Well I don't agree, you would'nt talk to someone like that in real life so you sure as hell should'nt do it on here just because its the internet. people today ffs.

All I did was make a video and all you people would rather do is sh*t on it, when most of you havent (or can't) make a video of the same standard, rather than saying "well done" or whatever else. Mainly coming from egotistical teens who think everything they do is above all others and they are free to criticise as they wish. Well a lesson to be learned my friends, try walking up to anyone in REAL LIFE, and telling them something they made is crap, you'll soon find through black eyes and bloody noses that people don't take it well and as you wouldn't say it to them in real life, the internet is no differant, treat people with respect and like fing humans, you'd be pissed if they didn't do the same to you (FULL STOP)

Natharn
12-09-07, 05:24 PM
I should make a movie about my excellent outstanding pro skill

well I got two

1. nading myself

2. suiciding

McBain
12-09-07, 05:58 PM
The Reaper, are you more upset people haven't given you the credit for actually making the video rather than its content? I've not watched it, but I get the impression people are saying 'thats nothing special, why make it a video?' rather than saying the video editing is crappy etc?

Also, I can and do walk up to people and tell them what they've done is crappy, I have to, that's part of my job. Tbh, I'll do it outside of work and very seldom will someone try and give me a black eye, but I guess thats the benefit of being big :) Anyway, I was going to make the point that even when you have to tell someone something is crappy, there is still a right and wrong way to do this and maybe some folk aren't too good at that just yet...

dre
12-09-07, 06:51 PM
Mainly coming from egotistical teens who think everything they do is above all others

When have I said im better than you at anything, also you forget your still a teen yourself :roll:

Seriously im pretty sure id say the same thing if you was stood infront of me right now, just shhh and stop embarassing yourself further cas some of the stuff you come out with is utter sh*t.

Bob47
12-09-07, 07:20 PM
I should make a movie about my excellent outstanding pro skill

well I got two

1. nading myself

2. suiciding

The perfect time as no one is paying attention.

Also you can see my amazing nading myself screeny under amusing pictures under Dre's post. :P that was the pwnage i think i took elmer and lestat with me hehe

Re^per
12-09-07, 07:24 PM
your right I am a teen, but at least my maturity sets me apart from the likes of you.

and @ BoB

I will have to dig out my old clans, CSS bowling videos :P.
It's simple, 10 T's stood on each others backs making the highest pile possible (obv not all one pile), all low HP, and just me....with one grenade :P

dre
12-09-07, 07:42 PM
You make that presumption on what, you barely know me unlike most of the other members on this forum.

Reaper youv'e been proved wrong on countless ocassions now, yet you still continue to post, are you really stupid enough to go on?

Re^per
12-09-07, 07:46 PM
and still your immaturity leads you to carry on an arguament.

and proved wrong about what?

dre
12-09-07, 07:55 PM
where as in public they are everywhere and totally unpredictable which requires better judgment and in-game awarness.
Several people have agreed that is untrue.

against top clans such as mint and Ki,
Several people tell you there not.

mint are huge and have multiple sectors and Ki are in the top 20 in ED. Yeah they sound terrible.
You still persist that their top clans... and are proved wrong by more people this time.

you would'nt talk to someone like that in real life
Well I would and so would others.

Obviously sometimes your memory seems to fail you.

Re^per
12-09-07, 07:57 PM
The first is an OPINION, so as such, cannot be falsified.

Second, they are still good clans or else they would not be high in the ED tables.

same for third

and fourth, try it at a LAN and see tbh...you don't treat people with kindness and respect then you desirve everything you get.

Lastly, my memory is great mate, made by crucial with a 2 year warrenty....:P

To sum up, keep your half-baked, non-sensical ramblings to yourself and kindly limp back in shame to that hovel from which you crawled into this world and scream in humiliatative agony until you are no more....

Tony_B
12-09-07, 08:23 PM
:side: :side: :side:

so.... what did everyon think of my video? Pretty hot riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? :oops: :lol: :oops:

Cup
12-09-07, 08:24 PM
:side: :side: :side:

so.... what did everyon think of my video? Pretty hot riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? :oops: :lol: :oops:
*Witty yet fair comment which you take the wrong way and start a fight!*

Re^per
12-09-07, 08:27 PM
I assume you ment to quote me, not Tony?

No, that is not my intention at all, I was mearly saying that if you don't treat people with kindness and respect, as you should with everyone you encounter, you can expect consiquences and problems to arise.

If you get me?

Tony_B
12-09-07, 08:28 PM
*Witty yet fair comment which you take the wrong way and start a fight!*

F**K A***73245%$$^%&^^ ***** *** $%^^&*&*8

Was there any need Cup? You have really upset me now! That's it... off the play that game called "real life" again

Re^per
12-09-07, 08:29 PM
*Doesn't understand*

tibbsey
12-09-07, 08:32 PM
To explain, Tony was asking (i assume in a jovial mick-taking way) if anyone liked his video, to which Cup replied *Witty yet fair comment which you take the wrong way and start a fight!* indicating that a witty comment should be inserted between the * *.
Understandably this upset poor Tony and so he threw a tantrum and so decided to do the dreaded, leave his computer and go back to RL :S:S:S

If that's wrong, sue me :P
If it's right, hooray.

Re^per
12-09-07, 08:34 PM
LOL

or to make this messange longes so as not to be deemed spam, Thats sooo funny :D (no sarcasm intended)

RL has ultimate graphics, DX23 graphics ftw

tibbsey
12-09-07, 08:44 PM
I got dual displays here. Combined processing power of 36,000 bits per hour (google "eye facts, top link).
Also it constantly operates at 100% efficiency despite any overheating or overuse.
My settings are as follows:
Dual display; each at MAX detail and 9000x9000 res (wikipedia "eye") or 81Megapixels.

Re^per
12-09-07, 08:46 PM
My GFX card rules, "Big pink thing between my ears" by ASUS

Cup
12-09-07, 08:48 PM
Oh dear what has this topic turned into

Bob47
12-09-07, 08:52 PM
well at least no one is fighting.

and Tony your vid is ok but not in a match *sorry its a bad joke*

Still RL is nothing compared to second life.

Tony_B
12-09-07, 08:53 PM
My gcard has issues rendering long distance images, so I can't seem to focus on them, but in my settings, I can't increase the draw distance.

God damn it!!!!!!!!!

dre
12-09-07, 09:00 PM
To sum up, keep your half-baked, non-sensical ramblings to yourself and kindly limp back in shame

Look your the one who has continued an argument against an "immature" "egostatic" teenager on several occasions now, hence you should be the one crawling back in shame. So lets just leave it at that.

Cup
12-09-07, 09:15 PM
Well, that was what? A good 10 or so posts without anyone arguing?

Simon
12-09-07, 09:35 PM
I thought that might have been the end of it- so much for that

jezzag
12-09-07, 10:12 PM
i just whatched cup's video again it rocks

:D

Re^per
13-09-07, 05:18 AM
Yes was good while it lasted :P
<3 love the world your in

Lestat
13-09-07, 02:30 PM
You no what I personally can't sit by and see you slag a member of LNy who has been around alot longer than you and imo has shown just as much maturity if not more than you.
you would'nt talk to someone like that in real life[quote]

Yes I would a. I am a manager and b. And I believe in speaking my mind.

[quote]All I did was make a video and all you people would rather do is sh*t on it, when most of you haven't (or can't) make a video of the same standard, rather than saying "well done" or whatever else. Mainly coming from egotistical teens who think everything they do is above all others and they are free to criticise as they wish. Well a lesson to be learned my friends, try walking up to anyone in REAL LIFE, and telling them something they made is crap, you'll soon find through black eyes and bloody noses that people don't take it well and as you wouldn't say it to them in real life, the internet is no differant, treat people with respect and like fing humans, you'd be pissed if they didn't do the same to you (FULL STOP)

Lol firstly I don't care about making videos of games so I can try and boast and show people that I may have a slight mediocre amount of skill. I would rather just play the game online with mates. You seem to be going a bit far with it all a css video does not really go with real life, infact in real life if i walked up to someone and said they were doing crappy work they would, either just start again or get annoyed and tell me to do it.

The first is an OPINION, so as such, cannot be falsified.

Second, they are still good clans or else they would not be high in the ED tables.

same for third

and fourth, try it at a LAN and see tbh...you don't treat people with kindness and respect then you desirve everything you get.

Lastly, my memory is great mate, made by crucial with a 2 year warrenty....Razz

To sum up, keep your half-baked, non-sensical ramblings to yourself and kindly limp back in shame to that hovel from which you crawled into this world and scream in humiliatative agony until you are no more....

While dre puts forward a argument and does not belittle another member you have offered no proof and frankly imo belittled and insulted another member. I am 32, dre is acting far more mature than you, Now I know you are 18 and think you are full of it all , but let me just tell you you are the standard forum troll/tool who half the time is flying by the seat of his pants with absolutely no clue to what he is saying and the other half just frankly not thinking as most teenagers at 18 would be down the pub or having sex.

Muffins
13-09-07, 02:45 PM
*bows to Lestat*

McBain
13-09-07, 02:48 PM
Can we just leave this argument. It's not really going anywhere. I don't want to lock this thread as it's for people to post their video's in, so I just request that it is left as it is. If you really must argue about this, use Xfire or PM's to do so.

Re^per
13-09-07, 02:50 PM
Yes lestat
xfire me on: dontfearthe
I'd like to talk to you about those gross sweeping generalizations, and speak my mind.

Lestat
14-09-07, 09:01 AM
probably not cause I literally don't really give that much of a shit. especially about ..

Re^per
14-09-07, 01:52 PM
Your ass must hurt sitting on that horse all day?

Bob47
14-09-07, 02:47 PM
Reper Stop digging you wont win and he isnt one to take on.

Kona
14-09-07, 02:56 PM
No need to post bob, all it does is stir things more. Best thing is just to keep quiet at let the post calm down.

Kona