PDA

View Full Version : The Ship Free Weekend

McBain
02-11-06, 04:33 PM
http://steampowered.com/v/img/apps/theShip/freeWeekend/Headline.jpg

FROM 1:00 PDT THURSDAY NOV. 2nd

THROUGH 1:00 PDT SUNDAY NOV. 5th

I know it didn't take off too well, but here's your opportunity to try it for yourself at no cost, surely it's worth checking out?

I'll get the Lanarchy Ship updated so we can hop on if there's enough interest. I myself wouldn't mind a bit of a play, it was fun back when the server got busy.

Full Details on Steampowered.com (http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=TheShipFreeWeekend)

LFFPicard
02-11-06, 04:48 PM
Now i get to pay it and see if it was actually any good :)

Lestat
03-11-06, 09:35 AM
Damn it i am away this weekend. I will try to come back early on sunday for a game :)

NcA
03-11-06, 06:23 PM
Sweet! I've been really interested to see how this game plays! When's the server gonna be back up? And what's the ip?

Intense Fear
03-11-06, 07:11 PM
Just played it for 10 minutes and i'm very dissapointed.

- Most people just kill randomly people because they can
- Most servers dont have any money limits (used to get kicked when reach minus $25000 to prevent what i've said above ^)
- Abuse on every server i've been on so far
- Every server i've been on has crashed
- Gets warpy/laggy sometimes
- Few noticeable bugs like not being able to interact with anything

The idea of the game is good, but this has more bugs/server crashes and prats than battlefield 2 :roll:

McBain
03-11-06, 07:39 PM
I guess I'm not surprised by the first problem. It took a while when it first came out for people to realise what they are supposed to do... so with a free weekend, all sorts of people without a clue will be back on servers :?

They had figured crashing and lag problems before, maybe that's just the servers you've been on?

Gamith
04-11-06, 01:57 PM
I have just tried it for a while and found it pretty boring - just wandering around trying to find a weapon (why can't I just hit someone?) and then getting killed before I could do anything about it.

I got a couple of people though, but I can't say that it's much fun - maybe I need to buy a weapon (can you do that?).

ttfn

Bob47
08-02-07, 12:17 PM
BUMP there is yet another free weekend for the ship

McBain
08-02-07, 12:42 PM
Yeah, who's going to buy it when they keep giving it away free :lol:

I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I may try and get on a server for a game. Mind you, it's the free weekends when you get all these nubs who don't understand it playing.

Bob47
08-02-07, 01:17 PM
Saying that its all the nubs who keep using the free weekend so they should get better :)

Lestat
03-09-07, 02:52 PM
The ship 2 is on its way, I will def buy it, loved the first one so much :)