PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 - Main Topic

Dusted
14-09-03, 09:52 AM
Guys n Gals, seeing as D-Day is drawing ever near ('D' for "Don't tell me again its been effing delayed") for the release of the minor title Half Life 2, I thought I'd poll yall out there and see if we want to create a separate major thread in the main forums like CS et al?

Dusted
15-09-03, 07:31 PM
Will people pleeeeez vote?

If only to make me feel good??? :D

There have been a number of people view the thread but no-one votes! How stoopid is that?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
15-09-03, 07:32 PM
i'm not gonna vote until I've seen it to comment on whether it deserves one.

but thinking about it as I type this - why would it? I mean surely we'll just have a thread called HL2 and a thread for CS2, etc...

Dusted
15-09-03, 07:55 PM
Because its as big a release as we are expecting for a while, and there is lots of hype surrounding it even now, so upon release it can only increase.

Negative or positive I feel it will still deserve a major thread - surely thats the whole point of the forum?

Crippler2032
15-09-03, 07:59 PM
I'm not really bothered if we make a thread for HL2 now, but i think its a must as soon as its released because i expect alot of posts soon after with opinions, mod info (dont think it will be long before we see the first mods appearing) etc...

McBain
15-09-03, 08:02 PM
I think the greater possibility is we change the CS forum to HL and Mods perhaps...

Otherwise we just use the 'Games' forum.
Negative or positive I feel it will still deserve a major thread - surely thats the whole point of the forum?
The games with forums of their own in here are the ones we play at Lanarchys and we have (some) knowledge of.

Dusted
15-09-03, 08:04 PM
Agreed Crip - all points agreed with. It dont have to be now but IF we do see it this side of October 1st, I'm sure it can be created.....

Dusted
15-09-03, 08:06 PM
The games with forums of their own in here are the ones we play at Lanarchys and we have (some) knowledge of.

So will noone be playing any version of HL2 at the LANs then?

Crippler2032
15-09-03, 08:07 PM
we wont know till we see it...

McBain
15-09-03, 08:11 PM
Exactly...

I still think changing the CS forum (which doesn't get all that much use) to a 'HL and mods' forum may be the way to go.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
15-09-03, 08:50 PM
seconded, not that i'm an admin or anything - just thought i'd chuck my 2p's worth in... :wink:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
25-09-03, 07:43 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=96669