PDA

View Full Version : Decent TV programs

Crippler2032
27-09-03, 07:35 PM
Looking for some recomendations of some decent TV programs...

Now that 24 is finished there isnt really much decent to watch on TV. I'm gonna watch Dead like Me and see if thats any good but does anyone recomend anything?

And dont recommed things like The Simpsons cause i already watch that :D

Just wondering what everyone else watches on TV these days...

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
27-09-03, 07:43 PM
you're obviously not playing enough games if you have time to watch tv

HUNTER
27-09-03, 07:43 PM
if you have sky look for "Around the World is 80 games" on bravo, all about how game developers work and shows things like E3

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
27-09-03, 07:44 PM
Time Commanders. Not sure if its actually any good though :? :wink: Other than that I have to watch Scrubs, but it can be pretty funny sometimes. Other than than that, not much at all, nothing I watch on a regular basis like I did 24.

edit: spelling

Psycho Hamster
27-09-03, 08:21 PM
Scrubs, Channel 4 Friday night, its the Dogs! :twisted:

McBain
27-09-03, 08:45 PM
Paramount, any time...any day. There is even a Paramount 2 now :shock: :thumbs:
Papa Smurf]you're obviously not playing enough games if you have time to watch tv
You're forgetting, Cripp is a jobless bum :P

Crippler2032
27-09-03, 08:47 PM
You're forgetting, Cripp is a jobless bum :P

Couldnt of said it better myself :lol:

SpyHunterUK
27-09-03, 08:48 PM
Time Comm is ok. it does get a bit confusing after a while, and sometimes they talk rubbish, but it uses the medieval battle engine.

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
27-09-03, 09:17 PM
They definitely talk rubbish but that's part of its charm ;) And I think it might be the Total War: Rome engine (next version)

Crippler2032
27-09-03, 09:20 PM
LtTomWoolley]They definitely talk rubbish but that's part of its charm ;) And I think it might be the Total War: Rome engine (next version)

seeing as the 2 episodes of Time Commnaders i've seen have been Romans vs someone else i would assume that is the engine it uses

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
28-09-03, 07:33 PM
still a fairly poor program though

sonic_dude
28-09-03, 07:57 PM
there is only 1 channel thats better than all of these

its

wait for it

Kerrang ! on channel kerrang lol

Sc00by
29-09-03, 01:19 AM
Decent and TV 2 words that don't belong in the same sentance unless there is a 'there isn't any' in front of them...

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
29-09-03, 07:43 AM
bit harsh sc00by - i nominate : Simpsons family guy blakes 7 reruns on UKMould

wintermute
29-09-03, 11:31 PM
I'd only want to be watching the first 8-9 seasons of the Simpsons, mind you. As someone else said, Scrubs is quite good, Buffy and now Angel are also good television if you can stomach 'popular' stuff (in my defense, I liked the original movie and watched the entire first series before anyone else had heard of it :P ), also I quite like The West Wing and (especially) ER in the more 'serious' drama arena. Now I just need a TIVO to remember to tape it all for me...

Rob

Sc00by
30-09-03, 12:11 AM
I :!: loved :!: the Buffy movie... :D The series always took it's self a bit too seriously for me.
I've spent most of tonight in front of the loonies lantern and did find Never mind the Buzzcocks to be just as funny as I remember it being. Not sure why they bother asking questions though...

CSI is OK if you like that kind of thing and Law and Order SVU I can enjoy if I'm in the mood. Unfortunately my missus seems to get control of the TV in my house so I rarely get to watch anything that I might like; hence the general down on TV in general. (though Paramount are slowly working their way through the entirety of M*A*S*H which is normally worth watching)
But I rarely watch TV these days, which is a shame cos I splashed out on a 36" wide screen not that long ago...

The best thing I've seen recently though was a Dukes of Hazzard rerun on Bravo I think - I loved that when i was 10 and it's still just as bad, but for some reason I still found it watchable (probably in the same way that car wrecks are interesting...)

Oh and the A team ROCK!

:D

McBain
30-09-03, 05:51 AM
(though Paramount are slowly working their way through the entirety of M*A*S*H which is normally worth watching)
It's 7am and I'm currently watching one of my MASH DVDs while getting ready for work :thumbs:
The best thing I've seen recently though was a Dukes of Hazzard rerun on Bravo I think - I loved that when i was 10 and it's still just as bad, but for some reason I still found it watchable (probably in the same way that car wrecks are interesting...)
Look out for the Dukes of Hazard film starring Britney Spears as Jessy Duke :shock:

wintermute
30-09-03, 10:03 PM
I :!: loved :!: the Buffy movie... :D The series always took it's self a bit too seriously for me.

That'll be because you haven't seen enough of the series ;)

Any show that can do an entire episode in the style of a broadway musical can't really be accused of taking itself too seriously...

Rob

Sc00by
07-10-03, 12:55 PM
Is West Wing actually worth watching?

Somebody save me from having to rememeber that it's on and go downstairs to watch it just to find out it's shite, by telling me that it either is worth remembering that it's on and getting my lazy arse in front of the TV in time to watch it, or else help me out if it is a bit dodgy by saving me the bother of finding out for myself...

Ta :thumbs: