PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Half life cd key

Mincemeat
30-09-03, 05:07 PM
hi all. Just wantd to enquire if the halflife cd key can be changed without a full reinstallation. IF your wondering why i ask this its because my mate had borrowed my copy of HL (for CS) when he came down to lanarchy. But now he has broadband and wnats to play online. SO he purchased a new copy of hallife but isnt wiling to uninstall it.

HE is starting to annoy me since sometimes he gets online first and plays cs (with my KEY) and i cant.
So if someone would be kind enough to help me change his cd key (from mine to his) i would be very grateful. :)

THANKYOU

PS: se you at the next lanarchy :twisted:

Sc00by
30-09-03, 05:14 PM
Steal his copy and re-install yours then :idea:

There are such things as CD-Key changers, McBain will tell you more :thumbs:

[OLSC]Fizban
30-09-03, 05:48 PM
Put a virus on his machine that will reformat the hard disk? That should make him reinstall from his CD... :lol:

Fizban
The cause of the problem is:
Digital Manipulator exceeding velocity parameters

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
30-09-03, 06:13 PM
[list:5ac1d87db6] run regedit browse to "hkey_current_user | software | valve | half-life | settings" and you should see an entry under there called "key" edit it and replace the number with the new keycode (removing hyphens "-") close regedit play halflife send [OLSC]Papa Smurf a

McBain
30-09-03, 06:30 PM
[quote:88ae53d7d2="[OLSC]Papa Smurf"][list:88ae53d7d2] send [OLSC]Papa Smurf a

Mincemeat
30-09-03, 07:45 PM
thanks guys. 50 quid. hmmm. well ......... i can give u 50 rupees (worth 60 pence) if that makes u feel happy. or 50 iraqi dollars .

Also when are u guys planning to play the next game of DOD or BF. i dont have NWN doh. CHEERS
:)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
01-10-03, 07:06 AM
tuesday.

we play *something* every tuesday

and the server is up (usually running dod) the rest of the time

Psycho Hamster
01-10-03, 08:10 AM
I think is CS next Tuesday.

McBain
01-10-03, 10:03 AM
Damnit, you choose the worst day of the month for me, for CS :evil: :cry:

Sc00by
01-10-03, 10:30 AM
Is that your late Tuesday Early Wednesday day then? :(

Could OLSC play DoD next Tuesday and then CS the one after? That would be good...

McBain
01-10-03, 10:40 AM
Yup :(

Yesterday was ealry and off today...the ideal day :?

Anarchy
11-11-03, 05:35 PM
Anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?
When somebody is playing in LAN the server kicks the user from the game and then when he try's to connect it says something like Cannot connect atempt or i dont know exactly what. Can somebody tell how to fix this problem?

Thnx anyway

Sc00by
11-11-03, 05:41 PM
The exact error message would help a lot if you can get it?

Crippler2032
11-11-03, 05:46 PM
by the sounds of it hes getting the common 'Cannot Complete Connection Attempt' error message, to be honest i have no idea what causes this but normally simply restarting CS fixes this, its actually quite a common 5year old error that they never seem to of fixed...

[OLSC]Fizban
11-11-03, 06:12 PM
Maybes it's been fixed in Steam/CS1.6, I haven't managed to kill the sound in a steam game yet. (I am now running for cover)

Fizban
The cause of the problem is:
floating point processor overflow

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
11-11-03, 06:52 PM
Fizban](I am now running for cover)
You should try doing that in CS... :twisted:

jason sabaka
06-03-04, 01:08 PM
i have three computers networked. when i start a lan game with the first there's no problem, then on the second it says that "my user id is currently in use on this server". does this mean i have to change my cd key on one of the computers? if so, do i have to change just CS or all of the cd keys whithin the halflife family on the second computer? i know sometimes you can substitute a cs cd key with a half life one, but now im confused ..lol anyway i'd appreciate some feedback,,, thank you... :)

Mister_benn
06-03-04, 05:28 PM
Fortunately Steam sorts out things like this. The CD Key becomes bound to your email address, but you better make sure you remember your email address and password and stuff otherwise you'll be up that old creek minus a paddle.

My pal mags used ihatejunkemails@hotmail.com and a random password. Then he clicks 'remember password'. Sadly for him a format and reinstall later and he has to buy another copy of Halflife for a new CD key.

Oh well Steam is life, full of good and bad [although theres less adverts in life]

MB

McBain
06-03-04, 10:22 PM
Jason, if you set the server as 'insecure' then I think any people can connect over LAN, regardless of WonID.