PDA

View Full Version : L14 Video

#f_mdr
26-11-03, 11:25 AM
Whats going to be the availability of recording HLTV demo's at this event? I gather that we're having a dedicated server, or I'm hoping so :p, so if a HLTV Demo could be recorded of all the tournament matches, it'd be great if I could grab a copy of the demo's..I've made a fair few cs/ut/quake films before, and I'd like to make one, defenitley of my clan, and also a film of the whole thing..if anyone wants to record some real life footage on an .avi compatible hand held camera that we could throw in some of that too?

One thing that we'd need - a CDRW to put all the demo's on..an external could be a consideration if anyone could bring one?

What dya reckon..worth it?

SpyHunterUK
26-11-03, 01:54 PM
great idea :P

could be used to try to get more people to come to events, which must be a good thing :)

Crippler2032
26-11-03, 02:55 PM
or used to show just how bad at CS we all really are :wink:

McBain
26-11-03, 03:03 PM
I usually make video's of the events, but I've never got to grips with turning demo's into avi's. Is it easy?

All the footage I will have will be in the form of avi's and I would gladly let you have it on a CD as long as we get a copy of your final product that can be used for promotional purposes ;)

Skavorn
26-11-03, 03:25 PM
and aslong as I can download it or something so I can analyse my mistakes (so prob about 89472984729874 hours of work then :lol: )

magic
27-11-03, 08:09 PM
:arrow: yeah dat would be pretty cool. watching the movie. we hav to find out how to make it avi and put music on and stuff. :o

magic splinter* :lol:

McBain
27-11-03, 08:54 PM
Oh I can do all that. Maybe you should just give me the demo's once you've turned them into avi's?

magic
28-11-03, 06:31 AM
could you make me a movie with some oof my demos? cauze that would be pretty cool > :lol: :P

would it be like frag or die? cauze i got a movie of Mindtrek Lan which i went to... we could share it on the day. 8-)

McBain
28-11-03, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't be able to make it on the day of the LAN... it takes a few hours to make.

Once it's done though I could probably get it uploaded somewhere for everyone, but it may take a couple of hundred meg depending on length.

I could probably do something very simple with your demo's if you have them in avi format, but only very simple because like I say, they can take a while to edit together.

magic
28-11-03, 08:02 AM
:arrow: yeah how do you change them to avi files? :P

McBain
28-11-03, 08:04 AM
I've never got to grips with turning demo's into avi's. Is it easy?

:arrow: yeah how do you change them to avi files? :P

:lol: I thought that was the bit you were going to do! :)

magic
28-11-03, 09:12 AM
oh yeahoops.. i shall have to find out how to then. :oops: what program do you :arrow: use to make movies? :lol: [/quote]

magic
28-11-03, 09:26 AM
:arrow: i have found a program that can change .dem to .avi onhttp://www.gromada.com/VideoMach.html this might help ?? and also download sk|player from http://www.schroet.com/ to view the demos .. :lol: 8-)

so i should be able to make those avi file now :D :lol:
=====================================

magic* - Splinter*

#f_mdr
02-12-03, 01:59 PM
I usually make video's of the events, but I've never got to grips with turning demo's into avi's. Is it easy?

All the footage I will have will be in the form of avi's and I would gladly let you have it on a CD as long as we get a copy of your final product that can be used for promotional purposes ;)

Yeah its not that hard, and I've been doing it for ages, using Adobe Premiere/Flash/Photoshop that kind of thing for a long time, so I should be able to make it pretty good :)

#f_mdr
02-12-03, 02:01 PM
Well McBain, I was hoping we'd be able to find a way to get the Demo's so that I can take them home?

Skavorn
02-12-03, 02:17 PM
IT shouldnt be hard to turn them into AVI files use www.fileforum.com, you can find alot of converting tools there, so you can covert this to that, to this to that. I use it alot.