PDA

View Full Version : CS 1.6

Crimson Phantom
22-01-04, 06:22 PM
Any chance we will be using 1.6 at Lanarchy 15?

wintermute
22-01-04, 07:59 PM
No chance as it stands, but I suppose it might depend on how long it takes us to get L15 organised.

Rob

Skavorn
22-01-04, 08:24 PM
is CS1.6 available as an .exe file or is it still only downloadable via steam (haven't played CS in a while, via internet ya see)

HUNTER
22-01-04, 08:50 PM
afaik it's still downloaded through steam

Mincemeat
22-01-04, 08:56 PM
Actually i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this:

If i have steam cs1.6 installed (i havent played 1.5 since last lan) then will cs1.5 work? can they coexist? i tried running it once, but cs1.5 crashed.

Is it possible to play cs1.5 evry again on my steam machine? :shock: if not i will have to delete steam and re-install cs or reinstall cs in a diff folder

Crimson Phantom
22-01-04, 09:48 PM
It is possible to have 1.5 and steam on the same machine, my friend has it although i have never tried. And apparently there is a way to get 1.6 without steam

McBain
22-01-04, 10:50 PM
Is it possible to play cs1.5 evry again on my steam machine? :shock: if not i will have to delete steam and re-install cs or reinstall cs in a diff folder
Are you saying at present you have them in the same folder :? :roll:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
23-01-04, 07:33 AM
<snip>...And apparently there is a way to get 1.6 without steam

proof?

I don't think it's possible, at least,not without a LAN cafe account or something

[OLSC]Slaine
23-01-04, 11:34 AM
ATM there is no Lan Mode for CS1.6, but VALUe has said that they will release one.

http://www.olsc.ukshells.co.uk/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2&categories=Counter+Strike#7

There has been talk of Internet Cafs going to have to pay to host steam games. I don't know if this connected.

The other question about multiple version of steam. It is possible to run steam and non-steam versions of half-life and all the mods. I can't remeber if the original setup of steam asked if you want to delete the original installations or not, but if it did i said no.

The only contraints is space and remebering to install maps into two places.

Up and coming versions of the Offical OLSC CS and DOD maps packs will detect if you've got Steam / Non_Steam versions of the games will install the maps into the correct directories, so you don't have the setup multiple times.