PDA

View Full Version : CSI: Crime scene investigation

Smokey
26-05-04, 02:07 PM
Does anyone else watch this. At the moment it's the only programme I make sure i'm at home for when it's one. Having seen every episode (geek) I was wondering if anyone had any views, is it as good as I think it is....

Azreal
26-05-04, 02:48 PM
Dude you are preaching to the choir (thats me by the way) Im a huge fan even got the 1st pc game and I still have play the second one wich I know crips has, Im not so fond of c.s.i miami ( dont really like David Carusso ) Im eager to see how c.si: New York turns out as I like Gary Sinease <---- (spelling?) At the moment Ive missed the couple of the last episodes the last season of c.s.i but hopefully I can catch up at some point.

gob
26-05-04, 02:48 PM
It's almost as good as your avatar Smokey :twisted:

CBS have just launched CSI: New York to go with the other spin off CSI: Miami.

Talk about overkill. I'm not as keen on the Miami version tbh but the original Vegas version kicks arse.

Azreal
26-05-04, 02:51 PM
im upset cause the one chick in c.s.i : New York is named after me ( Aden) , and here I thought I had such a manly name ( looks around at everyone ''what no?''), not some girly name , but I forgive her cause she is hot.

McBain
26-05-04, 02:53 PM
Well, you'd have a talking point if ever you met... :side:

Azreal
26-05-04, 02:58 PM
you know thats not a bad idea im kidding , and if we ever met I think Id get arrested for stalking, not that I had any intentions of stalking her in the 1st place, but if we just so happend to bump into each other ( ok I will shut the hell up now)

McBain
26-05-04, 03:00 PM
/McBain records IP address and fills out report for police records...

[OLSC]Fizban
26-05-04, 03:41 PM
There was talk about a CSI:London spin off as well...

Fizban
The cause of the problem is:
we just switched to Sprint.

gob
26-05-04, 03:51 PM
There are so many we will probably end up with CSI: Newquay or some such!!!

This week the team try to track down a group of lads who lure unsuspecting girls on to the beach. Once there they make them take nude pics of them which then get printed all over the company. The lead suspect is a man known only as Dusted.

McBain
26-05-04, 04:31 PM
Once there they make them take nude pics of them which then get printed all over the company. The lead suspect is a man known only as Dusted.
I still owe them some re-ads! :lol:

gob
26-05-04, 05:31 PM
And I think somewhere in a box I have a copy of that photo :twisted:

Dusted
26-05-04, 08:30 PM
I have the original!!! Somewhere!

gob
26-05-04, 09:08 PM
TBH you didn't have anything to worry about. It was your two hairy mates who wouldn't want the pic to see the light of day. Now where are the numbers for ST and KA.......

Dusted
26-05-04, 09:18 PM
LOL - It was a verrrrrry cold night and the sea was nearly freezin'!!

Thats my excuse - altho I did compare better to the other boys!!

HUNTER
27-05-04, 08:34 AM
i'm watching this too when i'm home. it's a nice series to watch as well as i've got a small interest in it.

Smokey
27-05-04, 08:42 AM
I read an interview with Will Peterson in ahem.. Playboy and he absolutely slated CSI Miami saying they should have stuck with just one. He also said that series 5 will be the last.

With regards to the photo, if I remember correctly Dusted was actually glistening in the moonlight if you know what I mean!!! Gob... you know damn well you've got that photo on your mantle-piece, hidden away in a box my arse!

gob
27-05-04, 03:53 PM
You are just jealous coz your copy was the one with the (very) little logos in appropriate places.

Smokey
28-05-04, 09:12 AM
No way, my copy was the laminated one!!!!!!

Dusted
28-05-04, 09:38 AM
Thats only cos you wanted a wipe clean copy for your own use!

Smokey
28-05-04, 11:39 AM
exactly!!!

Azreal
16-07-04, 07:09 AM
hey check this out aparently Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) and George Eads (Nick Stokes have been fired for breach of contract, both wanted to get paid more and did a no show

The actors were yesterday axed from CSI: Crime Scene Investigation by CBS network executives Les Moonves and Nancy Tellem for breach of contract, Variety reported. Both Fox and Eads had been signed to the show for seven years.

Eads, who was reportedly seeking a pay rise, was a no-show when production on the season premiere, "Viva Las Vegas", began yesterday. Fox was also looking for more money, but still showed up for work on Thursday. However, CBS fired the actress after she failed to reply to the network's letter asking whether she planned to turn up for work during the pay negotiations.

Variety reported the producers are already searching for replacements, but it is not yet known whether the parts of Sara Sidle and Nick Stokes will be recast or whether the characters will simply be written off the show. It is likely "Viva Las Vegas" will undergo extensive rewrites to accommodate the departure of Fox and Eads.

Refusing to show up to the set is a common tactic used by actors seeking a pay rise. Everybody Loves Raymond cast member Brad Garrett successfully used the ploy last year to secure more money, as did the supporting actors of The West Wing in 2001.

CBS has made no comment on the departures.

thats really crap as it was the highest rated show on telivision and my favourate

Smokey
16-07-04, 08:49 AM
Sara Sidel will be no loss as shes crap but my mrs will be upset Nick's going! As long as Gil's still in it it's ok by me!

Azreal
16-07-04, 10:19 AM
Jorja Fox is crap but hot (well in my little mind :wink: ) but yeah I agree as long as Will Peterson is still on I will be happy.

Smokey
16-07-04, 10:56 AM
I read somewhere that the next series (5) was going to be last one anyway

Azreal
16-07-04, 11:03 AM
well with the 4 emmy awards its been nominated for this week, I think it will be on for at least one more season ( I hate it when a series continues on and on and jumps the shark ala friends which should have been cancelled 2 seasons ago), I do think that c.s.i miami will take over as the leader of the series ,also csi New york starts this month in the states which I cant waite to see.

Smokey
16-07-04, 11:29 AM
I don't watch Miami but I will definitely give New york a go, I like gary sinise and the theme tune is one of my favourite Who songs.
Speaking of which is there any significance in having the theme tunes by the same band, was Jerry Bruckheimer a big fan or something?

Azreal
16-07-04, 11:52 AM
yeah c.s.i has the proberbly the greatest intro's on tv I can think of , I think its safe to say that Jerry is a fan of the who, there was an interview on e online with Gary sinise and he said that they will be using alot of 60s and 70s music for csi New york.

McBain_PDA
16-07-04, 02:23 PM
Why would they (originally) have the stars on 7 year contracts, but only run 5 seasons?

Smokey
16-07-04, 02:29 PM
The only thing I can think of is they have 12-18months off. If they have only just started filming the 5th series then there was a big gap between the end of 4 and the start of 5.

Azreal
16-07-04, 02:49 PM
they start filming season 5 in september

this just in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation cast members Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) and George Eads (Nick Stokes) were reportedly sacked from the series this week after CBS took a hard-line stance during a pay dispute.

Network sources today told trade paper Variety that Fox, Eads and fellow supporting actors Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown) and Paul Guilfoyle (Jim Brass) were "all offered minor raises in exchange for more airtime in a take-it-or-leave-it scenario". The actors were reportedly earning approximately $100,000 per episode but were negotiating for larger salaries.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, CBS asked all cast members to write a letter confirming that they would report to the set on Thursday, the scheduled first day of filming for the season premiere, "Viva Las Vegas". In the past the network has had problems with actors calling in sick in order to give themselves leverage in pay disputes, as several Everybody Loves Raymond cast members did last year.

Fox, despite earlier reports claiming she turned up to the set on Thursday (story), was sacked on Wednesday night after reportedly failing to send in her letter. Eads, who is also said not to have turned in his letter, reportedly turned up to work late on Thursday only to be fired. However, according to Variety sources, Fox did return her letter and "was surprised and mystified when she was fired". Sources close to Eads told the Hollywood Reporter that he too had sent his letter into CBS.

Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) and William Petersen (Gil Grissom) are also looking for bigger paychecks, according to Variety. Both actors failed to report to the CSI set yesterday, "but for health reasons industry insiders said were legit", the trade paper said. Helgenberger reportedly earns $200,000 per episode, while Petersen is said to pull in $500,000.

Azreal
26-07-04, 08:15 PM
well this is cool George Eads and Jorja Fox will both be back on the job next week at CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

Eads reached an agreement Friday to return to television's most popular drama after he was fired for skipping work in what CBS believed was a contract dispute, CBS entertainment spokesman Chris Ender said.

He rejoins Jorja Fox, who came to her own agreement to come back on Thursday. "We are thrilled that Jorja and George could work things out with CBS and return to the show," said series creator Jerry Bruckheimer in a statement. at least cbs came to their senses

Smokey
31-01-05, 07:52 AM
new series starts tomorrow, oh yeah!!!

Azreal
22-04-05, 07:36 PM
I cant waite for the final episode of CSI this season as its going to be directed by non other than Quentin Tarantino.

here is the plot spoilers below
In the episode, main character Nick Stokes is kidnapped by someone with an apparent grudge against the CSIs. By the time he wakes up again, he's trapped in a coffin, together with his loaded handgun and a tape recorder with a message telling him it's probably best to kill himself, as he's going to die anyway. There's also a webcam in the coffin, which transmits an image back to the CSI lab, allowing his colleagues to see him slowly suffocate - but not providing any clues as to his whereabouts

:)

helios
24-04-05, 09:58 AM
Did any one see that article on ShortNews (http://www.shortnews.com/web/id/46781/u_id/56602/x_id/14-Year-Old%20Learned%20How%20to%20Burgle%20Watching%20CSI/start.cfm)?

Great programme though, i watch it when i can on tuesdays, but i have missed most of the NY series so far because it is on a saturday night

Mrs Scoobs
24-04-05, 10:25 AM
helios, try going to btefnet.net legal downloads of all CSI's are available there. You can catch up on what you have missed :)

edited as it is .net not .com :oops:

helios
24-04-05, 08:11 PM
cheers Mrs. Scoobs

HUNTER
25-04-05, 06:45 PM
thanks Mrs Scoobs. Will be making use of this :thumbs:

Smokey
26-04-05, 08:26 AM
What's all this crap about splitting the team up, rubbish!

Mrs Scoobs
21-05-05, 09:04 AM
8-) (http://quizilla.com/users/warrickbaby101/quizzes/Which%20CSI%20are%20you%3F/)

apparantly - i am Catherine :)

Crippler2032
21-05-05, 09:25 AM
i got nick...

Sc00by
21-05-05, 09:41 AM
You're Grissiom. :thumbs:

[OLSC]Fizban
21-05-05, 10:19 AM
Grissiom

Lestat
21-05-05, 10:37 AM
just watched the final episode of the season and have to say it was very very good

gob
21-05-05, 12:06 PM
The final episode is amazing. Right up there with the best CSI episodes ever. :thumbs:

HUNTER
21-05-05, 07:49 PM
You're Grissiom. :thumbs:

I'm the same as scoobs and Fiz

Crippler2032
21-05-05, 07:53 PM
so your the bug guy huh? :P

Delta
06-06-05, 04:49 PM
I watch all of the c.s.i's from la - miami - ny there all gr8

BaDBoY UK
06-01-06, 01:54 PM
I have been a huge fan of this series since it started back in 2000. I never miss an ep and get all mine from #tv-central on irchighway (IRC).

Just wanted to see if anyone else watched it and if not, why the hell not?!? :twisted:

This series partly inspired me to go to Uni. Let me know your thoughts pls (badboy hopes this hasnt been posted already)

LiNK
06-01-06, 02:00 PM
Over here you can't turn on a TV or you get some kind of C.S.I; miamy, new york and what have ya.
I personally like it very much aswell but they always air simultanious so you got 3 differnt CSI's running at the same time :S
Anywho..... It's a good show i love that distinctive CSI camera/editing

Crippler2032
06-01-06, 02:35 PM
Try this:
http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1754&start=0

Should answer your post :D

BaDBoY UK
06-01-06, 02:50 PM
Try this:
http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1754&start=0

Should answer your post :D

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooh! silly me sorry guys - I swear it didnt show in my search - crappy mozilla :oops:

dre
06-01-06, 02:58 PM
I watched a cuple of episodes which seemed to be pretty good then i watched another on miami or something then it really confused me so
i just stopped watching it.

Crippler2032
06-01-06, 03:23 PM
they are 3 seperate series.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas)
CSI: Miami
CSI: New York

Lestat
06-01-06, 03:43 PM
I have to say I watch and have dled all of them, I have even bought all the CSI from play for

McBain
06-01-06, 03:48 PM
(topics merged btw :) )

BaDBoY UK
06-01-06, 04:17 PM
3rd in my list after Lost and House for great Programming

What?!?!? you rate lost above CSI? Are you on drugs :lol: lost is absolute pants. House is awesome I must admit but Lost is so fake and so "hollywood"

Lestat
12-10-07, 09:32 PM
Just watched New CSI with sylar from Heroes and Walt from Lost good episode the best ones are always dark.