PDA

View Full Version : WWE- Live event

Smokey
31-05-04, 09:42 AM
Not sure whether this should be in this section or the sport.
Somehow the Mrs got hold of two tickets to see the Wrestling at the NEC on Saturday night, we went along for a laugh not really expecting much but I have to be honest and say I had a brilliant night. You could see while we were waiting to get in that some people take it a lot more seriously than we did, dressing up, t-shirts etc and a few of them were actually quite scary (the words get a life kept springing to mind, and yes i appreciate the irony in the fact I was in the same line as them!). When we got in we were near enough on the back row but we could see everything and the ring was actually not very far away. When the 'show' started everyone when nuts, people crying, fireworks going off etc. There were some really good 'matches' like Ric Flair Vs Shaun Michaels, Edge Vs Batista, Triple H Vs Chris Benoit, It went on for 3 hours. The whole night was like a huge pantomime but with greasy people beating people up.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been to one of these shows and if you had a good a time as I did?

McBain
31-05-04, 09:48 AM
I haven't been, but would love to go sometime. I had seen tickets to this one on eBay going for maybe

McBain
31-05-04, 05:49 PM
Check it out, RAW is coming to Wembley Arena on Friday October 8th ==> :cheer:

http://pageperso.aol.fr/hardytajiri/images/vente2.jpg (http://international.wwe.com/uk.htm)

Bookings start on June 5th at 9am, it would be my guess these tickets will sell fast. There are

Crippler2032
31-05-04, 06:29 PM
yeah id be up for that, sounds like a good night out :D

*makes sign on big bit of card saying 'the people behind me cant see'*

SpyHunterUK
31-05-04, 06:33 PM
bah!

wrestling is fake.. :P

but it stinks anyway.. :twisted:

Crippler2032
31-05-04, 06:43 PM
oh god, i can feel a flame coming on here...

resists...

we are aware that wrestling is 'fake' but we enjoy the show and the spectical, along with the humour and not forgetting the lovely ladies... *drools*

lets not turn this into an arguement plz

gob
31-05-04, 07:09 PM
I have been to a few events in my time. I saw the British Bulldogs beat Demolition for the tag title and Randy 'Macho Man' Savage beat Ted DiBiase for the title at Madison Square Garden back in 1988. (I was in NYC for one night waiting for my flight having visited my dad and although it was sold out there were a few single seats left at the Box Office :D ). Again at MSG in 1992 and also at the London Arena in 1991 with Hulk Hogan headlining against Andre the Giant (you guess who won!!)

I'm not in to WWE at the moment but it is a great night of entertainment and it really is amazing to watch these huge guys throwing themselves all over the place. It looks pretty good on TV but to see them in real life flying off the top rope really brings home the fact that yes it's fake and some of it is choreographed, but it is amazingly skillful and dangerous.

Professional Wrestling = Modern Day Circus

and the girls.........

McBain
05-06-04, 08:37 AM
Well I have tickets, but I'm pretty annoyed tbh. The first time I went through the webpages I was allocated seats 40-45 on ROW 1 :shock: 'Ding ding' I thought :cheer:

Unfortunately, when it tried to load the page for credit card details I got page not found. I couldn't go back on the browser so I had to start again. The next time round (approx 6 minutes later) I was on Row 4 :(

Nevermind, I have 6 tickets (

McBain
12-06-04, 10:40 PM
I need Briktopp to confirm that he wants 2 tickets, then I will have 1 left up for grabs. They cost

McBain
13-07-04, 10:09 AM
Well, the 1 spare is now taken....

Brikky? You definitly want those 2 tickets?

McBain
07-10-04, 05:53 AM
Well this event is tomorrow night now. We're all ready to go and looking forward to it :cheer:

I am curious though, on the back of the tickets it says 'no digital or profession cameras allowed'. Does anyone know how stricktly they enforce this? I will be sneaking in my Ixus hopefully. Do they do bag searches or even look out for people in the crowd with cameras and then find out if they are digital? Surely not?

Azreal
07-10-04, 08:22 AM
its not enforced stricktly, , Ive been to a few concerts and shows, where they say that , and every time I always say ''next time Im brining my camera'' but I keep on forgetting, I mean at wembly staduim there is a shop inside the staduim where you could buy disposible cameras , so I really dont see whats the point in telling ppl that they cant bring in cameras when the the stadium is selling them.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
07-10-04, 04:21 PM
enjoy the ballet :twisted:

[OLSC]Fizban
07-10-04, 04:58 PM
I mean at wembly staduim there is a shop inside the staduim where you could buy disposible cameras , so I really dont see whats the point in telling ppl that they cant bring in cameras when the the stadium is selling them. Beacuse the optical quality of a dispoable is low and they have a quite a wide fixed field of view so you can't get a good print of what's happerning on stage - fine for a momento but not much good for comerical use. A "pro" camra probably means an SLR with a decent telephoto so you can take photos which could be used for posters, likewise a digital camra can have a reasonable lens and a decent zoom and can produce commercial quality images.

Which means you either have to buy the offical merchandising or some how acquire a press pass which I doubt is cheap

Fiz

McBain
09-10-04, 11:26 PM
Well I had a great evening and the other half loved it. Made her night that Shawn Michaels was there :roll:

Anyway, a lot of my pictures ended up rather blurred, due to it being generally quite dark, but I got a few good ones. I made a couple of cool A3 posters from these two -

http://andycr.com/pics/main-event-poster-sml.jpg

http://andycr.com/pics/main-event-poster-sml2.jpg

It was really odd watching wrestling without commentators and generally I felt that most of the fights before the main event were rather pantomime style, just doing as much as they could to get cheers and boos from the crowd, but it was all good fun :)

Azreal
09-10-04, 11:35 PM
glad you kids all enjoyed it 8-) , Id like to have come but i just dont like the fact of sitting next to a sweaty old man shouting ''show me your puppies'' at all the divas (if there was any) or worse if it was an 11 yr old boy.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
10-10-04, 07:50 AM
<snip>...I felt that most of the fights before the main event were rather pantomime style, just doing as much as they could to get cheers and boos from the crowd...<snip>
just the ones before the main event?

it's all a frickin pantomime! :roll:

SpyHunterUK
10-10-04, 09:39 AM
or worse if it was an 11 yr old boy.

*growls menacingly at Az* :P

:evil:

McBain
10-10-04, 10:52 AM
The young children were a bigger problem than the big fat shouting guys tbh. I had one behind me that wanted to explain everything to his dad and Cripp had one behind him that I think just shouted (umm, squeeked?) all the way through. Still, its all part of the experience :)

Crippler2032
10-10-04, 10:55 AM
yeah my ears still hurt and i woulda loved to shut him up... but other than that it was a really good night.

Mincemeat
10-10-04, 11:05 AM
Kids!! <Shudder> :(