PDA

View Full Version : CS Server

Sc00by
19-11-02, 10:50 AM
scoobydoo wrote:
for some reason my CS moans when I try and run it in single player mode (to go and practrice against the bots, cos most of the servers are populated byt he same idiots that ruin BF)

Whats the problem here?

When ever I try to run CS on a lan (with me as the server) it jumps ot the resolution that I want, but leaves a version of the menu in a 640x480 (or 800x600, not sure which) square in the top left of the screen.

And I can't get rid of it. So unless I want to play not being able to see half the screen then I can't play.

It might just be the mode I'm running the graphics card (Radeon 8500) in I suppose. I'll have a mess tonight, but it's fine when I connect to another server...

And it's always done it (prior to the OS upgrade and since), but I used to be able to ALT + TAB away and them back again which would clear it, for some reason I can't ALT + TAB back any more. Might try running it in a window too...

Any other thoughts as to possible causes and (more importantly) solutions?

McBain
19-11-02, 10:59 AM
When ever I try to run CS on a lan (with me as the server) it jumps ot the resolution that I want, but leaves a version of the menu in a 640x480 (or 800x600, not sure which) square in the top left of the screen.

Normally just pressing esc and then clicking resume fixes this...

Sc00by
19-11-02, 12:29 PM
Normally just pressing esc and then clicking resume fixes this...

D'OH!

Sc00by
09-12-02, 01:01 PM
For the record I've fixed this problem permantly by messing with my GFx settings... I was running CS @ 1024x768 using open GL drivers, I've switched to the Direct 3d driver and it doesn't do it any more...

McBain
09-12-02, 10:19 PM
I've switched to the Direct 3d driver and it doesn't do it any more...

Has that affected your frames per second though?

Sc00by
09-12-02, 11:07 PM
dunno I haven't got anything that tells me what they are... :(

McBain
09-12-02, 11:56 PM
Does it not tell you in the top left corner when you hold down tab? If not, you need my latest config file :)

Failing that, type cl_showfps 1 in the console (I think thats right anyway)

DarkSoulja
10-12-02, 09:20 AM
yeah it would fiddle with the fps, i used to have the same problem but i just bought a new grafix card,(well i say new, but its quite old if u know what i mean). d3d doesnt change much of the fps, just a small amount. If your running LAN you may notice it slightly but 56k, you'll definatly get a problem (lag city) . Hope this has helped slightly, also try and get the latest drivers for your gfx card. might sort it :P