17-09-04, 11:36 AM
off you go...

McBain
17-09-04, 11:41 AM
HANKS!

Hows about Harrison Ford?

Azreal
17-09-04, 12:10 PM
Al Pacino would be my choice (the Godfather Trilogy , Heat, Donnie Brasco, the insider , and lastly any given sunday)

everyone loves Tom Hanks , I feel he shouldnt count :)

, I think that ever since Harrison decided to get himself an agent for the 1st time and a piece of Callista Flockhart , his carreer has been going down, his last 3 films havnt been up to par with his early work What Lies Beneath ,K-19: The Widowmaker (which I think we only had in the cinema for a week) and Hollywood Homicide .

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:16 PM
Al Pacino would be my choice (the Godfather Trilogy , Heat, Donnie Brasco, the insider , and lastly any given sunday)

What about Dick Tracy?

As for Ford.... six days seven nights counts him out

Don't get me started again on Hanks, all I will say is Joe vs the volcanoe

[OLSC]Hitman
17-09-04, 12:17 PM
Tom Hanks has been in less crap films than most people.

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:19 PM
Please see the terminal thread for evidence that this isn't the case.
Splash
Joe vs the volcanoe
Bachelor party
the burbs
money pit
anything with meg ryan

McBain
17-09-04, 12:22 PM
For me Heat knocks out Pacino. I thought that sucked. The only film I can recall walking out of.

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:23 PM
I agree.

Azreal
17-09-04, 12:25 PM
quick question is this thread based on personal taste or box office figures?

[OLSC]Hitman
17-09-04, 12:25 PM
Mark Hamill, has he been in anything since Star Wars???

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:28 PM
quick question is this thread based on personal taste or box office figures?

personal taste really (which should lead to some good debates)

Azreal
17-09-04, 12:29 PM
he was in that Jay and silent bob film, but he mostly does voice over for computer games , and also the batman animated series , and Im certain he was in sleepwalkers

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:30 PM
Hitman]Mark Hamill, has he been in anything since Star Wars???

Apart from numerous video game voices he was in a shite horror film called Body bags about 10 years ago

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:32 PM
Please note that this is not me trying to be cocky by me knowing the answer or anything, it is merely an exercise in trying to prove me wrong. There is not an actor who hasn't made a crap film!

Azreal
17-09-04, 12:33 PM
im just waiting for someone to mention Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves :evil:

[OLSC]Fizban
17-09-04, 12:35 PM
Scarlett Johansson?

Smokey
17-09-04, 12:35 PM
I almost fell for that then!

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
17-09-04, 01:00 PM
Bruce Lee?

Azreal
17-09-04, 01:10 PM
im fairly certain he made some flops whilst he was only big in asia

Smokey
17-09-04, 01:36 PM
I think we may have to put stipulations in, they must be alive or died no later than 10 years ago. Otherwise we'll get bogrt and stewart and i'm fairly sure no one on this site is old enough to varify

Azreal
17-09-04, 02:12 PM
ok im thinking Sean Connery, then I also think the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen , and decide to shut my mouth

[OLSC]Hitman
17-09-04, 03:03 PM
Kiera Knightley!

Ok, she's an Actress not an Actor, and not been around long enough to make many films but I can't think if a bad one....and she's a Babe!!! 8-)

Smokey
17-09-04, 03:10 PM
The hole was rubbish, and it has been said elsewhere on this site that The phantom menace was also bad (i disagree though)

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer, the term Actors does also include actress'

Smokey
17-09-04, 03:11 PM
ok im thinking Sean Connery, then I also think the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen , and decide to shut my mouth

yet you were quite willing to accept the avengers!!??

Azreal
17-09-04, 03:17 PM

yet you were quite willing to accept the avengers!!?? lol :) tbh Ive not seen the avengers , Ive been warned about that film so I avoided it like a plague, but yeah point taken .

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
17-09-04, 04:28 PM
mark hamill was also in a sci-fi thing called slipstream

tom wanks is terrible - it's more difficult to think of films he was in which weren't awful

anyway, my entry is Jackie Chan with the caveat that he was stitched up in his first few hollywood films (inc. cannonball run)

McBain
17-09-04, 09:47 PM
Cannonball Run was a top film! :smokin:

Mark Hamill has actually been in lots of stuff (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/).

Jacky Chan isn't a bad effort, but I think 'The Tuxedo' is rather debateble... even by my standards...

**EDIT** Hows about... Kevin Spacey or Russell Crowe?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
17-09-04, 09:57 PM
kevin spacey - american beauty was pants

usual suspects MORE than makes up for it tho

gob
17-09-04, 10:07 PM
Spacey was also in See No Evil Hear No Evil with the genius combo that is Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor - not their greatest film together but damn funny.

I'm not a big fan of Hanks and thought the oscar he won for lying in a bed for 2 hours in Philadelphia should have gone to Denzel Washington for the same film, but you cannot deny the amount of good performances he has put in over the years. However, I nominate 4 films that were total stinkers in which he was the star: Volunteers - appalling You've got Mail - Sleepless in Seattle light and should never have been made, Money Pit oh my god!!! and the remake of the Ladykillers which is a totally unfunny travesty of a film that Ed Wood would have been proud of.

My nomination for an actor who hasn't been in a crap film is my fave Bruce Campbell - he may have been in crap films - but that was the point!!! ;)

McBain
17-09-04, 10:07 PM
96 thousand people (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169547/) would appear to disagree with you there PS.

It was mentioned earlier how are we judging this, it has to be opinion over Box office $$$... maybe we can use IMDB as the guage of if a film is good or a flop? As long as there are more than 2,000 votes and 7.5 stars or above, the film be considered a pile of :poop: ?

Azreal
17-09-04, 11:52 PM
here would be my list of my fav actors with there best film and there worst (personal taste )
Christian Bale
American Psycho (Best Film)Equilibrium (worst film)
Tom Cruise
Collateral (best film ) (worst film) eyes wide shut
Kevin Spacey
Usual Suspects (best film) (worst film) K pax
Robert D
Taxi (best film) (worst film) Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
Brad Pitt
fight club (best film) (worst film ) Seven Years in Tibet
Ed norton jr
American History X (best film) (worst film)Frida
Tom Hanks
Saving private ryan (best film) (wost film) that thing you do
Russell Crow
Gladiator (best Film ) (worst film ) Proof of Life
Mel gibson
Lethal Weapon (best film) (worst film ) what woman want
Denzel Washington
Training Day (best film) (worst film) The pelican Brief
Bruce Willis
Die Hard (best film) (worst film )The whole ten yards
Nick Cage
The Rock (best film) (wost film)City of Angels
John Travolta
Face Off (best film) (worst film) battlefield earth

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
19-09-04, 07:21 PM
96 tho out of how many million?

McBain
19-09-04, 08:33 PM
It doesn't matter how many PS, its a cross section of the public, giving an average response. Theoretically you could increase it to 5 million, the average score wouldn't vary more than maybe 0.3 or 0.4 ;)

Smokey
20-09-04, 09:08 AM
Az has just eliminated the majority of mainstream Hollywood, so keep em coming folks.

zippo_the_clown
20-09-04, 12:10 PM
john travolta best film is pulp fiction

face off was gay

lol

Azreal
20-09-04, 12:25 PM
no zippo you clown :) im afraid you are sadly mistaken my friend :) , Pulp Fiction wasnt J.Ts best film , Pulp Fiction was Sam Jacksons Best film (personal taste) his worst Film is the star wars:episode 1 and 2

McBain
20-09-04, 12:58 PM
I loved Face Off myself. Great film :cheer:

Smokey
20-09-04, 01:00 PM
Travolta's finest hour was surely saturday night fever, his worst was surely everything he did from that up till pulp fiction.

Jackson's worst has to be loaded weapon 1, if that wasn't in the mix he would possibly be a winner (ep 1 being a serious grey area)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
20-09-04, 04:19 PM
It doesn't matter how many PS, its a cross section of the public, giving an average response. Theoretically you could increase it to 5 million, the average score wouldn't vary more than maybe 0.3 or 0.4 ;)
similarly it doesn't matter how many people liked it - on the internet it's easy to find 96,000 people who like more or less anything (sex with monkeys, bros, wwf "wrestling", etc...)

McBain
20-09-04, 04:30 PM
Yes but it didn't say 'Click this if you like the film' it said 'How do you rate this film', as I said above, hence your arguement that we found 96,000 people that like it doesn't really add up. I'm not saying we have found 96,000 that like it, I'm saying 96,000 rated the film and it averaged out at 8.6 out of 10 :)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
20-09-04, 06:49 PM
*losing interest tbh...*

SpyHunterUK
20-09-04, 07:57 PM
Well, an idea just popped into my head:

Ian Holm
Bernard Hill
Ian McKellen
Kirsten Dunst
Kiera Knightley
Karl Urban
The Hobbits in LOTR, aragorn, sean bean, and everyone else in LOTR.

Now i leave it to you to find the bad films. :P

[OLSC]Fizban
20-09-04, 08:51 PM
Kiera Knightley

<snip>

Now i leave it to you to find the bad films. :P

Has anybody seen King Auther? I haven't but was wondering if anyone else has?

I was going to sugest Ewan McGregor untill I remembered Star Wars...

Fiz

Azreal
20-09-04, 08:59 PM
ok so we have to find bad films from these ppl ok , here I go

Karl Urban- The Cronicles of Riddick and Ghost Ship
Ian Holm-from Hell ,and Bless the child
Kirstin Dunst -Mona lisa smile and the cats meow (both chick flicks, would have made a bit more money if it targeted its male audience, but clearly it wasnt interested in doing that)
Kiera Knightley -Ha where do I start :) King Arthur (reason it did badly was that there where no internationaly famous name, apart from Kiera, the only reason ppl saw this was cause it was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer) and her small little role in Thunderpants (but she is still hot : ) ) oh yes and star wars :episode 1

Hobbits
Sean Astin - 50 first dates, californa man (this is what you get when u act with talentless hacks like Pauly Shore )
Billy boyd-Master and Commander (the film did really badly as it was marketed as an action film , which it clearly wasnt, instead of a war drama ,so it left the audience disapointed )
Elijah Wood- SPY KIDS 3D (there is no excuse for stuff like this after lotr)
Dominic Monaghan is the only one I cant think of in terms of bad films (dont remember him in anything else , and im not going to say lord of the rings )
Sean Bean- just like Christain Bale he also acted in Equilibrium
Ian McKellen- Last action hero
Christopher Lee -police acadamy: mission 2 moscow
Viggo Mortensen-Gi jane and Hidalgo (he shouldnt have or needed to do anything else after lord of the rings)
Hugo Weaving- here is another hard one , since he has only done 6 international films , matrix films and lotr but if I had to chose one Id say lort: the two towers (although im positive he played a drag queen in a film but I cant remember the name )
Orlando bloom : hah !!!! lets see um troy and the calcium kid (he should be on girly mags not on screen)
Andy Serkis-( If anyone has seen 13 going on 30 plz tell me how he is in it)
Liv Tyler-Armageddon ,Jersey Girl (what do you expect when you act with Ben Afleck).

ok im all spent , if anyone else wants to take over be my guest. :roll:

Sc00by
21-09-04, 01:02 AM
Ian McKellen- Last action hero

Nooo Last action hero is a great film. And bollocks to anyone that doesn't think so. Made me laugh pretty much from beginning to end.

Oh and anyone slagging off the original cannonball run better have friends (a lot of 'em), cos I wuv that film.

Oh (x2) I know quite a few people (mostly female) that think that Armageddon is a great film (my Wife for one) I don't number myself among them, but this is all getting a bit too subjective for my tastes.

How about Charlie Sheen? :P I don't have a clue what he's been in tbh, but I'll forgive him anything (even what he did to Spin City) for Hot Shots parts 1 and duex

Some more random names: Lloyd bridges, Bruce Willis up until he did Unbreakable (why Bruce, why? :wall: ), Clint Eastwood (I certainly haven't seen a _bad_ Eastwood movie, just a few slightly dodgy ones...) and Jodie Foster (though IIRC she was in something pretty terrible, I just can't remember what it was)

Azreal
21-09-04, 02:28 AM
Would you count Clint Eastwoods film Space Cowboys a dodgy film :) my fav clint eastwood film is unforgiven , as for Lloyd Bridges he was in honey I blew up the kid. The majority of charlie films seem get released straight to video (just like his brother emilo )but Id have to say his worst film was scary movie 3 , his best however (personally) was platoon.

Jodie foster (what the hell happend to her anyway? ) was the panic room , her best is of course Silence of the Lambs.

As for Cannonball scoobs your safe , im not touching that film as Ive not seen it

Smokey
21-09-04, 08:49 AM
I agree with Scoobs, Last action hero was tops. Clint's worst film is by far Paint your wagon, singing cowboys? what the hell is that all about.

I would say Jim Carrey, but then I forgot about earth girls are easy!

Sc00by
21-09-04, 10:58 AM
I'll never forgive Carrey for Dumb and Dumber. A truely awful film.

Smokey
21-09-04, 12:38 PM
I have to disagree, it's got some genius lines in.
Killer boots man!

He was also in the worst Dirty Harry film (the dead pool) which also counts out big clint!

ratty
21-09-04, 02:36 PM
anyone mention brad pitt??? he has done some great films... fight club, seven, snatch, 12 monkeys

[OLSC]Hitman
21-09-04, 03:36 PM
But he's also done Meet Joe Black! :o

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
21-09-04, 03:52 PM
unbreakable was class

carrey is pollution in the gene pool :evil: