PDA

View Full Version : Saw

briktopp
15-10-04, 12:27 PM
Saw

Billed as the new 'SEVEN'...well it doesnt quite reach those heights but it comes close. It's got the tension, the twists, the shock value, the cutting dialogue - its very well put together and its good to look at. However, It doesnt have the performances and because its almost entirely filmed on set it doesnt create the forboding atmosphere in 'Seven' with its dark rainy, depressing chicago scenes and desolate desert scenes.

Its not fair to say that 'SAW' is trying to 'SEVEN' anyway, for instance it has many more light-hearted moments channeled through the character of Adam - i dont remember laughing out loud in 'Seven', not that made Saw any less riveting as a serial killer thriller. I dont think i've enjoyed a film this much in years.

Azreal
15-10-04, 12:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/kaleb007/untitled.bmp <----love the poster

Im ganna have to give this a looksee, as I cant remember when last Ive seen a film with Danny Glover, and it certainly seems like a David Fincher film

Smokey
15-10-04, 02:00 PM
I actually thought it was better than seven, it had more of a shock ending (if that's possible)

McBain
15-10-04, 09:34 PM
Someone's gonna have to explain the general idea of the film for me, without giving away to people what happens of course ;)

Azreal
16-10-04, 03:57 AM
[quote:2419e05d46]Obsessed with teaching his victims the value of life, a deranged, sadistic serial killer is abducting morally wayward people and forcing them to play horrific games for their own survival. Faced with impossible choices, each victim must struggle to win back his/her life, or else die trying... A young man named Adam (Whannell) wakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a decrepit subterranean chamber. Chained to the opposite side of the room is another bewildered captive, Dr. Lawrence Gordon (Elwes). Between them is a dead man lying in a pool of blood, holding a .38 in his hand. Neither man knows why he has been abducted; but instructions left on a microcassette, order Dr. Gordon to kill Adam within eight hours. If he fails to do so, then both men will die, and Dr. Gordon's wife, Alison (Potter), and his daughter will be killed. Recalling a recent murder investigation by a police detective named Tapp (Glover), Dr. Gordon realizes he and Adam are the next victims of a psychopathic genius known only as "Jigsaw." With only a few hours left to spare, they must unravel the elaborate puzzle of their fate in the midst of mounting terror. The killer has provided them with only a few clues and two handsaws

gob
16-10-04, 09:39 PM
Well this was a nasty little film wasn't it. Sick, deranged, psychotic. Loved every minute of it. Different to Seven in that this is about the victims not the killer but I can see why it is being compared. If you like clever horror/thriller movies, see this.

evilgangsta
10-01-05, 08:02 AM
I Loved this film.
Best movie ive seen for a while
If you havent seen it yet watch it now

Peter Piper
10-01-05, 06:45 PM
:shock: This is a bad boy film, but if you are squimish then turn the lights on when you watch this. :shock:

Mincemeat
11-01-05, 02:37 PM
I may see this or some other new film This thursday!

Bloody exams.... ;)