PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Listening To...

McBain
09-07-05, 11:22 AM
My current compilation playlist can be seen here - McBain Comp T - July (http://www.nurcs.com/files/compt.html)

As you can see, generally Hip Hop, R&B and rap. I love stuff with a decent beat, my current favourites probably 99 Problems and Locked Up.

If you have winamp, you can make html outputs of your playlists using EZ Playlist (http://boyerjl.club.fr/EZPlaylist_US.htm) :thumbs:

h0b0
09-07-05, 11:49 AM
At this very moment, i am listing to: Fatboy slim - The journey

Penguin
09-07-05, 01:06 PM
You can also get HTML generated from your winamp playlist but EZ playlist gets the ID3 tags etc..

http://www.penguin133.co.uk/june_playlist.html

mainly: punk, grunge, alternative, other :P

and yes, I do know that its july :D

wintermute
09-07-05, 07:45 PM
At this very moment I am listening to Fun Trick Noisemaker by Apples in Stereo (http://www.emusic.com/album/10592/10592736.html). First time I've really sat and listened to it all the way through - I don't like as much as some of their later albums but apparently it's "one of the defining albums of the mid-'90s indie scene". Not that I can remember the mid nineties in any great detail...

Rob

h0b0
09-07-05, 09:45 PM
Good selection penguin

Brisk4
09-07-05, 10:43 PM
how on earth do i use it ,i just like installed it :S

McBain
09-07-05, 11:04 PM
Use what? EZ Playlist? When you open Winamp, look down in your taskbar, there should be one or two black and white icons, click some of them...

Penguin
10-07-05, 01:03 AM
Good selection penguin

thank you :rock:

helios
10-07-05, 01:08 AM
When i can be bothered to put this plugin on, you'll see i'm mainly CoF (Cradle of Filth, not Clan Of Finchley :lol:), Nightwish, some o the Queen Of The Damned soundtrtack and some other suitaby dark and depressing gothic stuff :lol:

h0b0
10-07-05, 04:47 AM
Don't lie helios. I caught u listing to Aqua - Barbie girl :lol: :banana:

McBain
10-07-05, 08:19 AM
i'm mainly CoF (Cradle of Filth, not Clan Of Finchley :lol:)
Conquerors of Felluca actually. People always say to me 'Cradle of Filth?' :lol: :roll:

Gamith
10-07-05, 08:55 AM
I wondered what CoF stood for - though Clan of Finchley does at least make some sense.

Currently I am listening to Classic FM on the radio, my current 'playlist' only 7.3k songs):
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/k.murphy8/docs/my_playlist.html

is rather incomplete since a HD re-shuffle to include my new Raid1 has meant my real collection (8.k songs) is sitting around waiting to get plugged into a spare PC.

got to find the gohome production at least - I really like 'Annie Rush'.

ttfn

gob
10-07-05, 05:59 PM
I am also listening to a bit of Nightwish (Tales from the Elvenpath), Iced Earth, Iron Maiden (take that as a given always :rock:), System of a Down, Monster Magnet and some older stuff like Saxon and The Scorps. Also some old classic soul (when soul was soul) like Curtis Mayfield, Sam and Dave and James Brown.

There is a link between Cradle of Filth and McB. Me, McB, Smokey and Dusted worked for a while with Dani's (lead shouter) best friend from Devon a Mr Simon Otani. Nice fella and a dab hand at scaring the crap out of the punters with a Scream mask on the opening weekend of Scream 3 :twisted:

McBain
10-07-05, 08:02 PM
Me, McB, Smokey and Dusted worked for a while with Dani's (lead shouter) best friend from Devon a Mr Simon Otani.
Top geeza, with a striking resemblance to Edge from WWE Wrestling :lol:

gob
10-07-05, 08:18 PM
Yeah pretty close

helios
10-07-05, 10:21 PM
lol, now that is a bit freaky - names an all. But yes, nightwish is godd - Dead Boy's Poem i think is my fav at the moment. First Nightwish i ever heard was the soundtrack to "The Snowman" - we're walking in the Air.

Azreal
11-07-05, 09:35 AM
busy listening to the batman begins film score.

Sc00by
23-07-05, 08:38 AM
Errm recently I've been listening to Kerrang TV. Must get off my lazy arse and stick a CD on ;)

I'd post the playlist from media player, but it's been so long since I fired media player up for anything but pr0n it's hardly relevant.

Mincemeat
23-07-05, 10:47 AM
The Game album - The documentary... (best song is Dreams and start from scratch).

Penguin
27-07-05, 12:57 PM
Anyway, to keep this alive, heres a selection of what I am/ have been listening to in July.

http://www.penguin133.co.uk/july.html

wintermute
27-07-05, 09:55 PM
This month I've been listening a lot to Before the Robots by Better than Ezra (http://www.emusic.com/artist/11590/11590610.html), which is a bit BBC2 of me (must be getting old...).

Rob

chuckwood
28-07-05, 08:24 AM
I'm listening to Gorillaz and as always lots of POWDERFINGER!

Azreal
28-07-05, 08:08 PM
I just got the new Audioslave album so Im ganna be listening to this over the weekend.

gob
03-10-05, 07:41 PM
Been listening to Happy Birthday Uncle Rotter live album featuring Motorhead and the Lemmy's (a.k.a. Metallica) which celebrated Lemmy's 50th

And for some unknown reason Stars of CCTV by Hard-Fi which is funky and growing on me.

Oh and Ascendancy by Trivium (normal service resumed phew) and obviously Maiden and Priest :rock:

Skavorn
04-10-05, 01:07 PM
Anyway, to keep this alive, heres a selection of what I am/ have been listening to in July.

http://www.penguin133.co.uk/july.html

I love "Cocaine" by Nirvana.....it's just not one of their best known ones....

This last couple of weeks it's the Kiezer Chiefs & Eminem (even though I can't stand the prick) for me

pitchblack
04-10-05, 03:27 PM
Eminem (even though I can't stand the prick)

i so agree stupid wiga

VikingMenace
05-10-05, 04:17 PM
Lately Ive been listening to alot of System of a Down, whats been on while grinding lvls in WOW.
Also Gorillaz, Blues brothers, nightwish and Royksopp :)

Fat Tony
08-10-05, 02:29 PM
lately, I've been listening to the clash but also trivium, but the best song of all time at the moment is hallow be thy name - COF version :D (which me and tripp/valo are currently listening to now)

Azreal
08-10-05, 07:56 PM
im listerning to nothing, cds are to damn expensive over here and the radio here only plays pop music. :( , and I hate mtv.

pitchblack
08-10-05, 08:16 PM
**EDITED BY MCBAIN**

Please don't suggest such things.

Azreal
08-10-05, 08:29 PM
but that would be wrong :)

pitchblack
08-10-05, 09:06 PM
**EDITED BY MCBAIN**

Please don't suggest such things.

**EDITED BY WINTERMUTE - Terms and Conditions (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/conditions.php)**

helios
09-10-05, 12:18 PM
lately, I've been listening to the clash but also trivium, but the best song of all time at the moment is hallow be thy name - COF version :D (which me and tripp/valo are currently listening to now)

Another CoF Fan? AT LAST :D. Hallowed be thy name and Haunted Shores for me, along with a few others :P

Fat Tony
09-10-05, 06:33 PM
Another CoF Fan? AT LAST Very Happy. Hallowed be thy name and Haunted Shores for me, along with a few others Razz

Not a hardcore fan but I do love some of there songs, there coming to norwich (near where i live) soon.what about Amen, or lacuna coil; like them?

Simon
18-10-05, 01:07 PM
pulp, blur and REM at the moment... although newer bands, i'll have to say max

Azreal
23-10-05, 02:51 PM
busy listening to the some of songs on the upcoming Fort Minor album http://www.fortminor.com/site.html , yeah it rap , but I really like the beats .

Fort Minor is a Solo Project by Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park which features artist such as Common , John Legend, and Styles of the Beyond. The Album is co .produced by Jay Z as well.

chuckwood
23-10-05, 07:45 PM
British Sea Power!!!!!!!
Foo fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Pixies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P

Simon
23-10-05, 07:47 PM
British Sea Power!!!!!!!
at least there's someone around here who likes good music...

chuckwood
23-10-05, 07:50 PM
British Sea Power!!!!!!!
at least there's someone around here who likes good music...

Takes bow :P :lol:

Azreal
10-11-05, 08:46 AM
I really like the new Foo Fighters single called D.O.A

Azreal
21-11-05, 06:30 PM
Im listening to Dane Cooks latest cd (he is a comedian, for those who dont know)

www.danecook.com

LiNK
21-11-05, 07:43 PM
Ooh dear, seems I have quite the derogatory taste in music!! Being a hardcore dj (hardcore as in not the hardcore in the english sense of the word) I stand alone with my crazy beats it seems, ah well I am used to it most Dutch people think it's rubbish aswell.
I also listen to "normal" music like:
Linkin Park (gotta love it)
Hed Kandi (for those sundays)
Evanescence (Amy's voice)

I will try to upload my altime favorite track "Angerfist - Yes" it perfectly describes my personal taste in music and my DJ style

pitchblack
21-11-05, 07:50 PM
i like hardcore, do you mean harder than bonkers?

dre
21-11-05, 08:37 PM
I belive i have quite a big difference in music taste than any1 who has posted in this topic. I like which rap etc. A big favourite of mineis T.F.I. which none of you have probably heard of as it is created where we live.

pitchblack
21-11-05, 09:15 PM
i like rap and garage and RnB and stuff like that but im not going to listen to you local band.
BTW LiNK thanks for them tunes they great :thumbs:

Renfro
28-11-05, 09:09 PM
Currently listening too:

RATM,
Mudvayne,
The Darkness,
QOTSA

Renfro.

Azreal
19-02-06, 05:06 AM
On my current playlist

collective soul (live)
breaking benjamin
yellowcard
saigon
kaizer chiefs
snow patrol
starsailor
prime circle
watershed
wonderboom

FIDDY
19-02-06, 10:52 AM
T.F.I all the way!
i also like rap etc

Faith
19-02-06, 12:13 PM
What I would usually be caught listening to:
Kaiser chiefs
R.E.M.
Bowling For Soup
Nirvana
Coldplay
Green day
Muse
Linkin Park
Oasis
Ooooh and I do like Mark Owen's "Four minute warning"
Occasionally some:
SUM41, Good charlotte, Keane, Evanescence, James Blunt, David Gray

As you can tell I like alot of different styles....but I cannot stand R&B Hip Hop or Rap. Not what I call music.

dre
19-02-06, 12:42 PM
TFI agen :)

Also pretty much any fast music will do me.

artofdrowning
19-02-06, 12:48 PM
Currently on my playlist...

(NEW) - Clubland 8 - Dance Assassins - Sail Away (Styles & Breeze Mix)
05 - Look At All The Ravers (Dj Sy)
CypressHill - RockSuperstar
dj croz vs tim dawes 2005 megamix
Dj Fritzy - The Reason For Hardcore Vibes 2005 ( Dance 'n' Trance Mix )
DJ Sy - Hixxy & Sunset - Desire
Euphony - Dancing in the rain
Dj Sy Feat Mc Storm - Makin Me Wanna Dance

Gotta love happy hardcore, some beers, and shooting people in the head :D

Mincemeat
19-02-06, 02:51 PM
Busta ryhmes biatch! ;)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
19-02-06, 03:14 PM
Kanye west! going to see him at the NEC on the 28th, BRING IT ON!.

I also like a lot of Indy music i only really like Kanye west because he doesnt go on about shooting people etc etc like other "gangstar" rappers.

Apart from him though i like:

The editors
The killers.
Hard-Fi
Massive attack.
Faithless.
Clubland 8
Bit of linkin park here and there

Stokes

FIDDY
19-02-06, 03:29 PM
@ art of drowning, i have some dj sy stuff,
where abouts are you from
he does TFI sometimes, you heard of dj hooley?

Sc00by
19-02-06, 04:17 PM
Trivium! Good solid shouting down a mike over some very thrashed guitars!

;)

Bowling for Soup rock though Lisa :thumbs:

artofdrowning
19-02-06, 04:17 PM
I'm from north west england (lake district).

Dj sy is a beast when it comes to scratching, i have one of cd's from hardcore heaven 2, and a few tunes i've downloaded off the net.

gob
19-02-06, 06:05 PM
Trivium, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Hard Fi, Avenged Sevenfold, 3 Inches of Blood, Probot, dug out my old Presidents of the USA cd's :rock:, Metallica (first 4 albums), Maiden, Superjoint Ritual, The Misfits.

Plus brushing up on my Anthrax getting ready for the Astoria on the 10th April :rock: :rock: :rock:

LiNK
19-02-06, 06:16 PM
The DJ's I listen to are
Dj Vince (THE vinyl master),
Tieum,
Unexist a.k.a. Jappo,
Promo,
Partyraiser,
Angerfist.
Also others but these are the best tecnically.
Especially Vince; he gives me goosebumps with his deadly skills

Azreal
22-03-06, 04:30 PM
Disturbed's new album - ten thousand fists
Breaking Benjamin -saturate

Faith
22-03-06, 05:00 PM
Went to a bowling for soup gig a couple of years ago, great characters! love 'em!!

gob
22-03-06, 05:06 PM
Inhuman Rampage by Dragonforce - the guitar work on the whole album and particularly the single Through the Fire and Flames is like Dave Mustaine crossed with Yngwie Malmsteen on speed - unbelievable!! And the overall sound of the band is like early Helloween :)

Advance and Vanquish by 3 Inches of Blood - old school metal - very cliched but heavy and fast.

Tyranny of Souls by Bruce Dickinson - Maiden with more balls and distortion but not as good guitar solos.

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Iced Earth - Up there imho with the great metal albums - Iced Earth's best studio album with every track a cracker with Prophecy being the highlight.

Famous Monsters by The Misfits - Horror themed album from the kings of weird.

One Night at Budokan by Michael Schenker - top live performance by one of the best axemen recorded in Japan in 1982 - highlights are Victim of Illusion, Armed and Ready and Doctor Doctor.

Looking forward to seeing Maiden with Trivium in support at Earl's Court in December with Mr & Mrs Scoobs and Cripp :rock:

McBain
22-03-06, 06:24 PM
Right now I can't get enough of 'So Sick' by Ne_Yo. Also enjoying 'Nasty Girl' by B.I.G. and 'Unpredictable' by Jamie Foxx and Ludacris.

Azreal
27-04-06, 10:26 AM
Im currently listening to Tools new album ''10,000 Days'' , as well as Pearl Jams new cd.

MaEsTeR jEcHt
28-04-06, 08:18 PM
i am listening to arteyu - the crimson

Duke of Ted
07-05-06, 05:34 PM
i'm currently listening to The Kooks (http://www.thekooks.co.uk/html/) debut album 'Inside In Inside Out'
I highly recomend them. Here's a few of their videos:
You Don't Love Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-LAzwpvHp8&search=kooks%20you%20dont%20love%20me)
Naive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMO3iLq_kAU)
Sofa Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmsG31ZJjY&search=kooks%20sofa%20song)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
07-05-06, 05:56 PM
The Kooks are great, i *got* there album a while ago now, Naive and Eddies gun are 2 of the best but they are all great.

If you're into that kind of music try, The dead 60's, they are quite good, and if you have MSN i can send you a band called Voom Bloom they havent been signed yet, and only have two songs but when they do get signed i think they will be big hits.

Stokes

McBain
07-05-06, 07:44 PM
Maybe you'll laugh, but the only album I've listened to right through recently is Mariah Carey - 'The Imancipation of Mimi'. I like most of Mariah's stuff tbh (including here jugs :thumbs: :side: ) and some of the tracks on this album are far too funky. Particularly 'It's Like That', 'Say Something' and I think its 'To The Floor'.

Mitsukuu
07-05-06, 10:03 PM
I'm listening to FunkerVogt various tracks, and Survivor, as well as some Covenant stuff.

Never heard of it before www.pandora.com :thumbs:

ArTFuL DoDGeR
07-05-06, 10:42 PM
Mitsukuu did you like Mad Capsule Markets?

Stokes

Mitsukuu
08-05-06, 10:22 AM
I've never heard of them... I actually listen to relatively little music, but my main source of finding new stuff at the moment is Pandora. I'll check it out if you think it's worth it.

Anyone else heard of the Jet Set Radio soundtrack? I like that one too, it's a little weird and unique but a lot of people really like it.

Cannon_Fodder
16-05-06, 05:18 PM
lo all, saw the thread and thought i'd join in
atm i have the nine black alps album, some random tracks from muse's new album, nightwish, david ford, delays and some random chinese stuff i found on my pc

ArTFuL DoDGeR
16-05-06, 05:26 PM
I havent got the Nine-Black Alps album, although i do like it *Goes to "get" it*.

I "got" the delays album but i didnt really like it, seemed a bit to boring tbh.

Stokes

Cannon_Fodder
16-05-06, 08:30 PM
which delays album have u got?
Tthey have 2 as far as i know, the 1st one was faded seaside glamour and wasn't particularly fantastic but the 2nd album is much better, i think it's called "you see colour".
Either way i loved seeing them a few months ago, they're quite good live, one of the few bands that can actually perform live and sound something like they do on cd.

Mitsukuu
16-05-06, 08:57 PM
Chrome - VNV Nation. I love this song at the moment, kinda gives me goosebumps.

Not many other people i've spoken to liked it, which I didn't expect. Haven't particularly liked much of the other VNV Nation stuff i've found though.

MaEsTeR jEcHt
26-05-06, 06:23 AM
i listening to Master of Puppets by Metallica

chuckwood
26-05-06, 07:21 AM
10,000 days by TOOL-absolutely awesome new album from them!

Lestat
26-05-06, 07:45 AM
New Zero 7 album if only it was sunny i could pretend I was lying on a beach somewhere :)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
26-05-06, 10:51 AM
Im currrently listening to Boy Kill Boy, Wolfmother, and Guillemots, Wolfmothers a great album if you like your indie rock.

Stokes

gob
26-05-06, 11:03 AM
10,000 days by TOOL-absolutely awesome new album from them!

Totally killer album. :rock:

Azreal
28-05-06, 11:22 PM
Listening to the new Snow Patrol cd.

Cheesecaker™©
31-05-06, 01:00 PM
Im listening to the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers album Stadium Arcadium
Its great

Bob47
31-05-06, 01:53 PM
im listing to SHELLSHOCK
they rock

Duke of Ted
07-07-06, 08:52 PM
Plan B -
Mama (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByvQ8ExmXq0)
No Good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5-m9Yy9rA)
No More (Live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9An4ZcB-hV4)

twist
11-07-06, 01:21 PM
Evry song of linkin park!!
Well it a strange genre you like it.. or you dont..
Bud I like it ;)

Simon
11-07-06, 02:13 PM
You said "bud" a lot, you doing that on purpose?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
11-07-06, 02:41 PM
He's Belgian remember, he's probably mistaken it for But* :)

Stokes

Halo
11-07-06, 03:40 PM
mainly CoF (Cradle of Filth, not Clan Of Finchley

Hell Yer :rock: At the moment im listening to Pantera, Rise against and In flames

SpyHunterUK
12-07-06, 10:20 AM
Soldier Side - System of a Down
Most of the Team America soundtrack
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams & On and On
Tenacious D - Tribute
and some Gypsy Kings

twist
12-07-06, 05:00 PM
Ow really :wall:
hahaha I didn't know..
BUT like stokes sad.. I'm a belgian :D

Cannon_Fodder
31-07-06, 03:06 AM
lots and lots of audioslave :D, some RHCP stuff, one track off the new muse album.
Looking forward to audioslave's 3rd album coming out later this year, other than that it's lots of random chinese stuff my parents gave me

Sarif
08-09-06, 11:59 AM
Ahh im a Indie music lover so theres loads around at the moment.
Such as....:
Bloc Party, Feeder, Muse, Lost Prophets, DJ Shadow (bit of a change, but i like one song), Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Thirteen Senses, The Offspring, Jet ,The Strokes, Angels and Airwaves, Jose Gonzalez, Ash

Azreal
08-09-06, 05:11 PM
I had no idea that bands like the offspring,lostprophets and muse were classified as ''indie''.

Sarif
09-09-06, 03:15 PM
ok maybe not....so called indie there...but im sure muse is near enough boardering, offspring and LP are more rock i spose... im sorry...

Elmer
10-09-06, 03:24 PM
This weekend I have mostly been listening to......

Muse new born (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDCieKfrvY)

Turn up the volume its a bit quiet at the start.

JJJJamie
10-09-06, 03:35 PM
i listen to alot of music becuase im sad and have no life =] It ranges from really heavy to...well not that heavy :D Some of them are: system of a down, linkin park, rise against, sum 41, billy talent, hawthorne haights, senses fail, slipknot, feeder, bullet for my valentine, eighteen visions, godsmack, korn, lostprophets, matchbook romance, nickleback, nirvana, puddle of mudd, rage against the machine, saosin, silverstien, three days grace, thrice and stuff like that... rock on :D

Sarif
11-09-06, 06:34 PM
freaking FEEDER man quality....i hate almost all heavy music...but vicinity of the obsenity or what ever it is just....so random its good lol

killersmyth
11-09-06, 07:43 PM
Audioslave, Creed, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Razorlight.............

Some of my Fav's

Skylark
11-09-06, 07:48 PM
Aphex Twin - Flim

killersmyth
11-09-06, 08:03 PM
You should watch the video for "Come To Daddy"?

If so mental and ya gotta fell for the wee granny in it.lol.

Skylark
11-09-06, 08:13 PM
Way ahead of you chuck - I own the Chris Cunningham's DVD :]

You should watch Window Licker.

Azreal
14-09-06, 03:05 PM
At the moment Im listening to the New Audioslave cd, Muse,Keane and snow patrol.

Skylark
14-09-06, 07:02 PM
MDFMK - Now

artofdrowning
14-09-06, 07:05 PM
Bonkers 16 CD1 - mixed by Hixxy 8-)

Also like alot of Dj Sy and Dj Bluecore - I don't know if there is anyone else that likes the same kind of music as me here, since LiNK hasn't been around for a while I think?

FIDDY
14-09-06, 07:09 PM
:o you forgot me and dre art :(

We like that kind o music

artofdrowning
14-09-06, 07:16 PM
Didn't know that, sorry :P

I also listen to HappyHardcoreRadio (www.happyhardcore.com/radio/player/radio.asp?player=windowsmedia&bitrate=33) alot.

dre
14-09-06, 07:18 PM
Nice find ART ill have to listen to this rather than my songs iv heard about 100 times already :roll:

FIDDY
14-09-06, 07:25 PM
Listening now :D seems quite good

Skylark
14-09-06, 08:52 PM
Suicide Commando - Hellraiser (VNV Nation Remix)

Azreal
11-11-06, 07:31 PM
new papa roach cd -the paramount sesions

Cannon_Fodder
11-11-06, 09:17 PM
A Perfect Circle and audioslave - revelations

Akirah
14-11-06, 06:40 PM
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia!

Ry4n
15-11-06, 11:35 AM
whitesnake - live in the still of the night

chuckwood
15-11-06, 06:44 PM
Beck-The information
Dandy Warhols-Welcome to the Monkey house
MOS-Ibitha 2006
MOS-Classics

chuckwood
29-11-06, 08:42 PM
'+44' new album and Angels and Airwaves album still-yes I am a Blink 182 fan! :P

wintermute
16-12-06, 02:47 PM
I signed up to last.fm (http://www.last.fm/) recently but haven't used it much. Today I discovered I can get my audio player (http://amarok.kde.org/) to synchronize with last.fm, which then lets me export my recently played list as a graphic (http://www.last.fm/tools/charts/?data=recenttracks). Conveniently they supply BBCode on the page for you to cut and paste:

http://imagegen.last.fm/lastfmblue/recenttracks/robertc64.gif (http://www.last.fm/user/robertc64/?chartstyle=lastfmblue)

Rob

McBain
16-12-06, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah, it detects I have WinAmp, WMP and iTunes installed, and sets them up to report back what I'm listening too :)

http://imagegen.last.fm/lastfmblue/recenttracks/5/AndyCr15.gif (http://www.last.fm/user/AndyCr15/?chartstyle=lastfmblue)

chuckwood
16-12-06, 03:51 PM
Just popped 'Smash' from the Offspring onto the CD player-I love this album!!!
:rock: :thumbs:

tibbsey
16-12-06, 03:58 PM
Artist: Megadeth
Album: Youthanasia
Track: Family Tree

good ole metally bits. :)

McBain
16-12-06, 04:13 PM
The image from Last FM only seems to show selected tracks that have been played? Might it be to do with some tracks having incomplete id3 information or something?

wintermute
16-12-06, 04:48 PM
Maybe - I assume it's all coming from the same player? There's a forum post (http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/168488) which might help - tracks being correctly tagged seems to be one of the issues.

Rob

McBain
17-12-06, 07:59 AM
We now have a Lanarchy group on Last.fm. I'm not sure how you join, but here's a link -

http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy

wintermute
17-12-06, 11:49 AM
Joining the group is very easy:

1. Sign up to Last.fm (http://www.last.fm)
2. Visit the link above, you'll see a link for 'join this group', click on it
3. Click the button on the next page to request membership
4. Wait until McBain gets back from work :)

We need at least three members to stop the group from getting deleted, so it would be nice if someone else joined ;)

Rob

tibbsey
17-12-06, 12:08 PM
Applied.

*Pending*

tibbsey
17-12-06, 12:31 PM
http://imagegen.last.fm/lastfmplain/recenttracks/tibbsey.gif (http://www.last.fm/user/tibbsey/?chartstyle=lastfmplain)

dark onion
30-12-06, 01:38 PM
Aphex Twin - Flim

ahh thats more like it..good to see some aphex twin appreciation :)

Azreal
08-01-07, 06:43 PM
currently listening to Lupe Fiasco's cd'' Food and Liquar'', sounds really old school hip hop.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
08-01-07, 07:03 PM
currently listening to Lupe Fiasco's '' Food and Liquar'', sounds really old school hip hop.

Thats a great album, one of my favourite from last year, Favourite track is probably "Hurt me soul". It's good hip-hop, not rapping about killing people, selling drugs, and having half naked women in your video's, he explains this in the Intro, had to get the album after seeing him perform as a support at Kanye West back in february. Good choice Az ;)

Stokes
Stokes

Azreal
08-01-07, 07:18 PM
currently listening to Lupe Fiasco's '' Food and Liquar'', sounds really old school hip hop.

Thats a great album, one of my favourite from last year, Favourite track is probably "Hurt me soul".[ It's good hip-hop, not rapping about killing people, selling drugs, and having half naked women in your video's, he explains this in the Intro, had to get the album after seeing him perform as a support at Kanye West back in february. Good choice Az ;)

Stokes
Stokesthanks ,I think thats why I like it, my friend let me borrow the cd, but Im proberlby going to go tommorow and buy it, Im really suprised he isnt getting enough exposure (actually I kinda like it that way)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
08-01-07, 07:44 PM
Im really suprised he isnt getting enough exposure (actually I kinda like it that way)

I know I cant believe how he isn't a lot more exposed than he is, but as you say I think it is better that way.

I am currently listening to Gym Class Heroes - Cruel As School Children, Its got a alternative beat to it, but has a "rapper" singing in it, and it brings too of my favourite types of music together really well IMO.

Stokes

ArTFuL DoDGeR
31-01-07, 03:03 PM
Anyone heard of Larrikin Love? Not a big band, but bloody good live, went to their gig last night at the Academy in Birmingham, support wasn't too good, but Larrikin we're quality!

Also looking to go and see the Klaxons, Maximo Park, and The View :D

Stokes

Stewie
31-01-07, 04:36 PM
Don't Give Up - Bryan Adams and Chicane

No idea why I'm listening to that at the moment.. I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles when you have your iTunes Library on Shuffle lol :P

MackTee
31-01-07, 05:54 PM
Finally on my way out the office.
Got Type-O negative's "Everyone I love is dead"

gets me into that nice angry mood to deal with London Public Transport

:twisted:

gob
31-01-07, 07:29 PM
Type O Neg - top band - my choice would be Unsucessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity before I got on the tube or indeed on it with the volume of my headphones right up to offend as many people as possible.

I am listening to the new album by the best British UK thrash band from the 80's - Onslaught. The new album is called Killing Peace and is released on 5th March (I know the lead singer :)). Also their 1986 disc The Force which imho is up there with the best thrash albums the yanks threw at us such as Master of Puppets, Spreading the Disease, Reign in Blood, Peace Sells etc.

Onslaught have been away for 16 years but now they are back and expect to see them in at least one field somewhere in the UK this summer.

Sarif
01-02-07, 05:03 PM
Artful, you got any tickets to the Indie rave tour??? Sunshine Underground + Klaxons are the good ones....cant wait.

I saw Larrikin Love at a Dirty pretty things concert in b'ham were decent live...but im not tht heavy on rock...more indie.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
01-02-07, 05:19 PM
Yeh I prefer more indie stuff than rock, (although i have been to ozzfest and other heavy stuff before) I'm going to get some Klaxons tickets tomorow morning, along with some 'The View' tickets. Was considering maximo Park aswell but i dont have that much funding :(

My mates got some tickets for the indie rave tour to see klaxons at Wolverhampton but im in Austria at the time.

Stokes

Sarif
03-02-07, 07:05 PM
:O might see him there then lol i live in wolvo....great place -_- lol anyway id like to see the view duno if i will though..

Ry4n
03-02-07, 09:57 PM
maximo park and the futureheads are playing a bar around the corner from my house ;p

Manager just got his liscense for bands and knows them both and has them lined up for acoustic sets - I can't wait.

I might get some maximo tickets for newcastle, i don't think they've sold out yet.
But im listening to a mixture of led zeppelin, lynyrd skynyrd, the foo fighters and underoath.
A strange mix i know, but then again im not exactly normal like.

wintermute
09-04-07, 02:15 PM
Still waiting for hordes of Lanarchy folks to join us on the Last.fm group (http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy). Still only McBain, tibbsey and me, and it looks like tibbsey uninstalled the scrobbler thing... If we can get 15 members then we get group charts every week.

Joining last.fm has it's own benefits, once you've listened to a hundred songs (which can be through WinAmp or WMP or whatever, the software installs a plugin which tracks everything you listen to - you can even upload stats from your iPod) then it shows you a list of folk who listen to similar music to you, then you can click on any of the artists you've never heard of and (usually) listen to some of their songs. I've discovered a few interesting bands that way. And finally, you get a streaming internet radio station which is based on the sort of music you listen to, which gives you a better chance of hearing songs you actually like than listening to any UK radio station (plus, no talking...). You can listen to my personal station here (http://www.last.fm/listen/user/robertc64/personal).

Rob

Jetpac1
09-04-07, 04:21 PM
just subscribed :D i need more japanese music :P

MackTee
10-04-07, 11:30 AM
Good choice!
Something to listen to in the office, if it doesn't get me fired that is.

Be warned I have some odd tastes that will make the lanarchy "chart" look weird
:mrgreen:

tibbsey
10-04-07, 07:16 PM
Sorry bout that chaps.

My sister must have turned it off and forgot to reactivate it (*tuts).

It's back now :)

wintermute
13-04-07, 06:44 PM
We've managed to double the membership of the Lanarchy group on Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy/members), but we're still nine short of having enough for the group charts. Surely there's more than six people round here who like listening to music?

The combined taste of the group so far can only be described as 'eclectic'... Have a listen to our radio (http://www.last.fm/listen/group/Lanarchy) :)

Rob

Azreal
08-05-07, 03:06 PM
listening to the new linkin park album :minutes to midnight. Its very different from there prevous stuff. I only like three tracks on it( ''what Ive done'' and ''bleed it out''and ''no more sorrow'' which has got a cheap mettalica intro to the song).

Lestat
21-05-07, 11:40 AM
I have been listening to the Linkin Park album as well Begining to really like it, not as good as the last album but fairly solid.

Ohh and I have signed up to last fm just waiting on one of you lot to approve my membership

Azreal
21-05-07, 05:42 PM
been listening to the new chevelle cd, I like it.

Lestat
12-06-07, 12:45 PM
The Police greatest Hits still the Best band in the world even if they are shit Live.

chuckwood
12-06-07, 06:07 PM
Anyways just been giving Powderfinger's new album a blast and it is very sweet! One of the best bands out of Austrlia since INXS, AC/DC.
Great stuff!

Cup
12-06-07, 06:15 PM
New Paramore album, its made of awesome and kittens.

gob
30-06-07, 11:58 PM
Saxon - Lionheart. The original NWOBHM band from the late 70's are still going strong and headlining the Wacken festival next month.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51e-cml8siL._AA240_.jpg

Iron Maiden - Powerslave. Cripp and I were at Brixton last week to see Maiden on top form and next year they are re-building the pyramid from their 1985 classic.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Nqsnn3aoL._AA240_.jpg

Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side. European power metal at its best. Great with half a bottle of JD and a good set of headphones.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RXZZDJ23L._AA240_.jpg

Lestat
07-07-07, 08:50 AM
Guys just a bump if you listen to music get into Last FM, we want more :) to get our own radio station

wintermute
07-07-07, 04:57 PM
Note for facebook fanatics, there's a last.fm Facebook App (http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2381079642).

Top tracks this week:
http://imagegen.last.fm/lastfmplain/tracks/robertc64.gif (http://www.last.fm/user/robertc64/?chartstyle=lastfmplain)

Rob

Cup
07-07-07, 06:12 PM
Ok, just installed it. I'm warning you now that my songs at the moment will only be: Paramore, Stone Sour and Guns N Roses. :P

Azreal
07-07-07, 06:20 PM
omg how did South African Ferryl Purkiss become popular lol

wintermute
07-07-07, 06:44 PM
Ok, just installed it.

Remember to go to the website and join the group (http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy). Don't worry about what you're listening to, it couldn't be any more weird than the variety we've already got!

omg how did South African Ferryl Purkiss become popular lol

He's quite good I think, if you're into that sort of thing :) I've managed to download a grand total of seven his tracks off emusic (http://www.emusic.com/), and two of them are basically the same (one is the 'radio edit'), but I really like 'Better Days' and 'Ducking and Diving' is quite good too.

Rob

Stewie
08-07-07, 12:40 PM
http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/Foshjedi2004.gif (http://www.last.fm/user/Foshjedi2004/?chartstyle=basic10)

wintermute
08-07-07, 03:54 PM
Assuming Helios joins the group, we're up to 11 members now. Four more and we get weekly charts - or "what LNYers are listening to this week". From the folk we've got in the group so far, it's going to be an 'eclectic' mix I think...

Rob

helios
08-07-07, 04:32 PM
joined ;)

Re^per
12-07-07, 08:35 AM
Is anyone free to join or strictly members only?

McBain
12-07-07, 08:54 AM
Anyone that uses the forum really, which is you included :)

Re^per
12-07-07, 09:01 AM
Sweet, I'll go sign up asap

helios
12-07-07, 11:13 AM
a radio station that playus almost every track on Last.FM? cus that is what we will end up with!

wintermute
12-07-07, 09:54 PM
Apparently not, seems like 11 members is enough to convince last.fm to give us charts (http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy/charts). Our radio is going to feature a lot of Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, Feeder, My Chemical Romance and similar, though the most popular individual songs came from Coldplay, Avril Lavigne and Linkin Park.

Rob

Lestat
13-07-07, 05:11 AM
Well apart from Linkin Park, I think i will go kill myself, how utterly boring :P

McBain
13-07-07, 08:03 AM
Hmm, I installed something that is supposed to take what I've listened to on my iPod through iTunes, but it doesn't seem to work :? I think it was this (http://www.last.fm/forum/827/_/47398).

Stewie
13-07-07, 09:03 AM
Last.fm does it automatically now, IScroggler was proven to not work at all.

Lestat
13-07-07, 09:10 AM
Yeah there was some update last night to the software, but I dunno I don't use a Ipod.

McBain
13-07-07, 09:15 AM
This is Jscrob2, an iTunes plugin. I have no idea how to 'submit' my tunes listened to though....?

Hows does Last.fm do it automatically? It doesn't for me?

**EDIT** Looking in Last.fm options, I see there is a tab for iPods, but my list is empty and there is no 'add iPod' or anything like that?

**EDIT2** Both Last.fm and iTunes help tell me to find 'Manually manage music and videos' on my summary tab... but I don't have a summary tab on my iPod. I have 'Settings' and 'Contents'?

When I unplug my iPod and plug it back in, Last.fm doesn't detect it, even though I have 'LastFMHelp.exe' running and all the latest versions of everything :roll:

Lestat
13-07-07, 09:46 AM
it requires iTunes 4.9.
You have the 1.9 i guess of the jscobbler.

try turning off the firewall, or removing the ipod then readding its driver. or even updating the ipod driver.

McBain
13-07-07, 10:05 AM
I've removed Jscrob2 now, if theoretically it should work without, I wondered if it might have been the reason it wouldn't do it automatically, but it's made no difference.

I've added to a thread on the Last FM forum, here (http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/277372/6#f4272244).

wintermute
15-07-07, 08:25 PM
This weeks charts (http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy/charts) are already up, most popular among LNYers in the last seven days:
The Killers
Blur
Daft Punk
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Snow Patrol
Evanescence
My Chemical Romance
Franz Ferdinand
Rob

wintermute
29-11-07, 09:06 PM
Popular artists among the Lanarchy last.fm group (http://www.last.fm/group/Lanarchy) in November:

Week ending 25th: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro
Week ending 18th: Feeder, Tenacious D, Snow Patrol, Queensr˙che, Destruction, The Killers
Week ending 11th: Feeder, Radiohead, Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, The Kooks
Week ending 4th: Breaking Benjamin, Radiohead, Stereophonics, Foo Fighters, The Kooks

We're getting a bit more variety these days, though now Sc00bs has joined we might see it skew away from all this indie stuff :)

Rob

gob
29-11-07, 10:16 PM
We're getting a bit more variety these days, though now Sc00bs has joined we might see it skew away from all this indie stuff :)

Rob

I have been trying :P Now there are 2 of us :twisted: :rock:

tibbsey
29-11-07, 10:19 PM
as soon as i get some non css/hl2/gmod computer time i'll be skewing it with my thrash metal/other metal :)

Some good music for a change :D :P

Sc00by
01-12-07, 08:26 PM
I'm sure that you'll still manage to get the odd indie track in ;)

I've only just started listening to music while I game again. I hadn't listened to anything that wasn't on the car stereo for quite a long time (we're talking years) so I'm doing a lot of catching up!

Lestat
08-12-07, 07:45 PM
I just started listening to Everlast, He used to be the frontman for House of Pain, But i loved his single saving grace from the tv show of the same name.

McBain
11-04-08, 10:25 AM
My favourite tracks right now, in no particular order are -
Jay Sean - Ride it
Rihanna ft Ne Yo - Hate That I Love You So
Estelle - American Boy
Taio Cruz - Come On Girl
Will I Am ft Cheryl Cole - Heartbreaker
Kelly Rowland - WorkI could listen to these all day long... :thumbs:

Gamith
11-04-08, 11:00 AM
Recently I have been listening a lot to Jonathan Coulton as well as Paul and Storm, and at the moment I am listening to The Rutles 'joe public'.

ttfn

Heely
11-04-08, 11:29 AM
It seems unconciously, I've been having some sort of musical affair with Alien Ant Farm. I loved their first album, but the later two are full of some catchy, well written and performed masterpieces. Their version of Smooth Criminal is childs play compared ...

http://www.last.fm/user/morpheusvw/

I'm sure I noticed another thread on last.fm. I shall go search :)

Lestat
11-04-08, 12:32 PM
new Portishead album yay

Halo
11-04-08, 01:10 PM
ive been listening to alot of Kids in glass houses lately, very catchy well written songs

wintermute
26-04-08, 01:49 PM
I'm sure I noticed another thread on last.fm. I shall go search :)

There are a few, though no-one round here seems much interested :) I accepted you to the Lanarchy group just now, so now we have a massive 13 members!

Rob

chuckwood
06-05-08, 07:47 AM
I am listening to the Kooks new album, it is very good! Plus portishead '3', birthdays are handy to get all the new albums!

Lestat
06-05-08, 09:00 AM
I tried to get into the New portishead just couldn't I can't seem to enjoy it.

Stewie
06-05-08, 11:36 AM
Currently listening to Metallica - ... Justice for All

MackTee
06-05-08, 12:21 PM
as i'm spending so much time on the train these days, today I was actually listening to the audio book series for Stephen Donaldson's "Gap" series today.

chuckwood
07-05-08, 09:53 PM
Alice in Chains 'Dirt'

:rock:

Azreal
16-10-08, 09:57 PM
listening to the new Kings of Leon album ( only by the night ) , it fn rocks.

McBain
08-11-08, 02:47 PM
Bearing in mind I like rap, swing, RnB... P Diddy, 50 Cent, Chris Brown etc... can anyone recommend a couple of albums to try?

Gamith
15-02-10, 08:22 PM
Currently I am listening to Billy Bragg - the reason is that my random play suddenly came up with 'The space race is over' and it really struck a chord (pun!).
I have no idea where it has come from, but I am rather glad - very deep songs, and not cheerful.

ttfn

Azreal
16-02-10, 06:57 AM
Ive been listening to a bit of Chevelle and Killswitch Engage recently

McBain
26-07-11, 09:23 AM
Not found anything new for a while, any tips?

Gamith
26-07-11, 06:28 PM
Run up spotify and choose some categories to rummage through.
Do a search for 'free mp3' and see what pops up.

Go to a record shop and ask a knowledgeable person about alternatives .. oh wait, never mind.

ttfn

champ2
26-07-11, 08:41 PM
Wiz Khalifa albums ment to be good and jay z and kanye west have a new album out, watch the throne ,should be worth a listen since its from them two.

McBain
26-07-11, 10:22 PM
Napster doesn't show anything for 'Watch the throne' :-( is it released already?

champ2
27-07-11, 02:30 PM
my bad 8th of august :(

Azreal
18-12-11, 12:08 AM
I Got The Black Keys new album today ''El Camino'' I really like what Im hearing so far.

Sc00by
24-12-11, 08:23 PM
Mostly The Sound of Violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duUULTUwTT0) :rock:

gob
24-12-11, 09:28 PM
Mostly The Sound of Violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duUULTUwTT0) :rock:

Great album and they are great live too - if they get near Bolton go check em out. Always loved Onslaught since the mid 80s :rock:

I'm listening to The Sounds of Violence (of course), Dystopia by Iced Earth (great new singer Stu Block and a great gig in Islington in November) and Worship Music by Anthrax. So glad Joey B is back. I liked John Bush but it never felt like Anthrax - just a great metal band - but not Anthrax. Got a ticket for their gig at the O2 Islington in March - oh yeah!!

Also just got hold of Ironiclast by The Damned Things, a 'supergroup' with Scott Ian and Rob Caggiano from Anthrax, Joe and Andy from Fall Out Boy and a couple of others - very good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XMANR-wrg7o

Sc00by
26-12-11, 10:32 PM
As the only reason I've even heard of Onslaught is that you took me to see them (supporting some German 3 piece that I've long since forgotten the name of) I'm very aware of their awesomeness when playing live!

Enjoy Anthrax and I'll have to locate those albums and give them a listen.

gob
27-12-11, 04:30 AM
(supporting some German 3 piece that I've long since forgotten the name of)

Haha. Forgot about that. It was Destruction at the Peel in Kingston.

Azreal
01-02-12, 12:36 PM
If you into the whole rap/hip hop scene try Childish Gambino who is Donald Glover (Troy) of community fame,heard some of his stuff off his new album and its not bad.