PDA

View Full Version : PC Gamer Podcast

McBain
06-09-05, 09:19 AM
I'm giving this podcast a go (http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/). Not tried anything like this before. My understanding is its a 43 minute long, audio gaming magazine... I can listen to it on my way to work :)

If anyone has trouble downloading it, try this link instead (http://www.pcgamer.com.nyud.net:8090/podcast/pcgp_001_20050829.mp3).

On a side note, I like the topic a few down about SWG Riots -

[quote:3d1979081d]Upon hearing that Galaxies players were rioting in-game to protest the combat upgrade, I had an image in my head of Boba Fett throwing a chair through a window, or maybe Chewbacca setting fire to one of the cantinas. But now, on our first podcast, I find out that a Galaxies

Sc00by
06-09-05, 09:45 AM
They were great - the idea awas to get as many toons as you could in one place and lag the nuts out of the servers! Worked too... ;) In so much as they managed to crash coronet across all the servers all at once! Didn't actually stop the combat 'upgrade' going live though...

Not tried the actual podcast though. Have to confess I've always preferred reading to listening.

Skavorn
06-09-05, 04:01 PM
.....but surely half of what makes a good PC magazine is the graphics so you can oggle and druel over them

McBain_PDA
06-09-05, 05:23 PM
Maybe for you... I generally want to know details about gameplay and features and maybe hardware and games industry news.

Penguin
06-09-05, 09:13 PM
lol, i like the idea of podcasting.

whoever thought of recording somebody or something and giving it to the public to listen too :| must have something to do with ipods :|

McBain
07-09-05, 08:49 PM
Well I listened to it this morning on the way to work. Quite good, but the FPS DM type bloke that moaned about BF2 being 'too steep a learning curve' wants a smack in the mush. 'There are 66 key configurations you know! I can't be bothered to learn all those' You muppet! Just get in the game and shoot people! Learn as you go!

Downloading the second one now :thumbs:

Penguin
07-09-05, 09:03 PM
lol :thumbs: