PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy Warcraft Server

McBain
15-09-05, 08:57 AM
We've found that the speed server is causing lag, although our match server doesn't seem to... so we're wondering if its the maps. We are now trialing a CS Source Warcraft Mod server on -

82.136.20.56:27040

For anyone that doesn't know, a Warcraft server is a little different from a normal CS Source server. You build XP from killing people and can 'level up' in various skills as you go. You can also buy certain abilities if you have enough money (extra health, invisibility, even buy yourself back alive).

What I would warn you about though, this is a BETA version. Apparently some updates to it cause the levels and XP to be reset. Please bear this in mind.

Let us know how you like it, and if it causes any lag on the other servers.

McBain
15-09-05, 09:03 AM
Races:

Undead Scourge:
Skills:
Vampiric Aura:
Gives you a percentage of the damage you do in attack back as health. When used as a component for the Steel Skin skill, you will also have your armor strengthened from your attacks.
Banish:
You have a chance of slapping your enemy and propelling them in a random direction. The slap does a certain ammount of damage depending on what level you are.
Levitation:
You gain levitation powers, once you level in it you gain more levitation.

Human Alliance:
Skills:
Invisibility:
As you level in it you gain more invisibility.
Devotion Aura:
Gives you added health at the start of the round. More is given as you level.
Bash:
When you shoot someone you have a chance of rendering them immobile for a certain ammount of time.

Orcish Horde:
Skills:
Critical Strike:
A certain random level depending on level to double damage.
Critical Grenade:
Makes your hegrenade more powerful depending on your level.
Earthquake:
Creates a difficulty to aim to opponite.

Night Elves:
Skills:
Evasion:
As you level in it you gain more of a change to dodge bullets.
Thorns Aura:
As you level you can do more damage to the person who has shot you.
Trueshot Aura:
As you level you can do more damage to the person you have shot.

While playing, say 'warcraft' for a few relavent commands, say 'shopmenu' to be able to buy the extra's. Saying 'itemshelp' will give you a run down of what the different items do that you can buy.

Sc00by
15-09-05, 09:12 AM
Ooh that looks fun... But seems to me that the good players will just get better while the mearly mortal amongst us will just wind up worse and worse off? :?

Sir Kunmskull
15-09-05, 10:54 AM
simple answer get on when no one about and kill bots lol

McBain
15-09-05, 11:55 AM
But seems to me that the good players will just get better while the mearly mortal amongst us will just wind up worse and worse off?
True to an extent. The good players get better, or harder to kill, but its not like they are invincible. And no, you don't get worse off, you just don't get better... but even then, for $10k you can buy 100 XP ;) Just pistol a few rounds and save up for some skills if your really desperate.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
15-09-05, 04:05 PM
and how is that any different to vanilla cs?

the good players get more money and get to keep their guns...

McBain
15-09-05, 04:08 PM
Well now they can have double the health and invisibility too....

helios
15-09-05, 04:45 PM
lol, looks good, i'll take a mosey on later :D

Sc00by
15-09-05, 04:51 PM
Papa Smurf]and how is that any different to vanilla cs?

the good players get more money and get to keep their guns...

Yeah and now they can be, as McBain said, invisible, get better bullets, inflict damage back to you for shooting them, gain HP for shooting you, jump higher, make grenades be even boomier...

It's great :thumbs:

McBain
15-09-05, 05:00 PM
Don't forget, report back the bugs and I'll pass them on. All I remember is -

- When you reach high level with one race, lets say level 6 human, switch to orc and it says your level 6 orc...

I know they know about the still wasting XP on level 4 when you already have it.

z0na
15-09-05, 05:17 PM
it realy rocks

Crippler2032
15-09-05, 05:48 PM
yeah its a nice idea but you can only take so much of the other team being invisible... sooner or later it will be 16/16 people invisible

z0na
15-09-05, 05:51 PM
so are they totaly invisible? or can you just see there gun?
ill call the gostbusters than :P

pitchblack
15-09-05, 06:17 PM
just to say i love this sever and if it does cause lag would prefer the assault server taken off(even though it was my favorte.

Cyph3rs
15-09-05, 08:10 PM
the new warcraft server is the best LNY server so far even beatin the dust 2/ office server in my opion :D. btw whats the website adress for the warcraft mod forums??

McBain
15-09-05, 08:18 PM
It's basically this thread (http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1166). :)

demonicrabbit
16-09-05, 10:49 PM
good mod but still in beta :P

i remember when u get final special moves which i can bind to a key to use when u want .. has a timer i think

humans get to teleport - point and use ya move and u teleport there.
orcs got chain lighting - hits up to 3 people doing gd dmg

cant remember the others ..

just beware of the move that uses up allya money but teleports u to their spawn at round start. once ur max lvl orc with a nade u can instant kill 5-8 people depending on map. only so much fun is dying ot that lol

demonicrabbit
17-09-05, 10:10 AM
after a little play

some kills dont reg ur +14 xp for the kill dont know why.

u can purchase the highest lvl rankmove again and waste a lvl skill point without knowing or being warned

skill bash does not show up for me when i purchased it

changerace and u still on a high lvl meaning u can lvl up again easy to get ya moves ranked up. ie start at lvl 6 needing 700 xp just so u can get a lvl 1 move .

showskill dont work in either console or chat for me

and shopmenu works at any time as long as u have cash is this right ?

z0na
17-09-05, 10:12 AM
thats rigth,

McBain
17-09-05, 10:37 AM
some kills dont reg ur +14 xp for the kill dont know why.
Yeah, I reported this one back. I think its the kill that ends the round, must be something to do with round end triggering before it can give XP or something?

u can purchase the highest lvl rankmove again and waste a lvl skill point without knowing or being warned
Yeah :( This one is a known bug already.

Hmm, I bought some and didn't notice a problem? Will feed back though.

changerace and u still on a high lvl meaning u can lvl up again easy to get ya moves ranked up. ie start at lvl 6 needing 700 xp just so u can get a lvl 1 move
I figured this one (I think), having thought it was a bug. Your level is actually independant of what race you play. If you move up to level 6, your next skill, no matter what race is goind to cost you 600 (or is it 700) XP. I guess thats the idea, it stops someone from maxing out all races really easily. Remeber, if you get invisibility through being a human, if you swap to a different race, you wont be invisible still... Unless I have misunderstood what your saying...

and shopmenu works at any time as long as u have cash is this right ?
I think it has to, as some are time related. God mode for 10 seconds would be abit naff if you only get to the action after 12 seconds... Also, you need to be able to buy a respawn at any time in the round.

pitchblack
17-09-05, 02:13 PM
me 2 but i does work..

!i Rabbi Nikolai i!
17-09-05, 05:02 PM
I've always found that the warcraft mod is great fun if you join when the game is restarting and everyone is equal, but soul destroying if you join mid-game and not only do you have to contend with people with insane abilities, but the lack of money until you can buy enough xp to get some decent skills. I just don't like pistols that much :P. That said, I do enjoy it immensely.

gumbe
18-09-05, 08:14 PM
This server ownz! best server i have ever tryed and all of my mates think so too. :D

Skavorn
18-09-05, 11:28 PM
Don't forget, report back the bugs and I'll pass them on. All I remember is -

- When you reach high level with one race, lets say level 6 human, switch to orc and it says your level 6 orc...

I know they know about the still wasting XP on level 4 when you already have it.

This may have been mentioned......but I spent the 1st 3 levels under 1 race......switched...I kept my level, BUT.....I wasn't awarded my skill points to reasign......so I got to level 6 human.......but only have 3 skill points allocated....the 1st 3 are under another race......

Damn, annoying, because otherwise I'd be perfectly happy with the mod.....

They need a "re-assign skills" command. There isn't even a way to reset ur xp so u can get the levels back by restarting :(

And looking at the thread.....Gravity posted a fix to that bug on page 19.

Download is here (http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/download.php?id=427)

McBain
19-09-05, 08:28 AM
Someone has apparantly made a fix so you can reset your XP. I'm just waiting for someone to confirm it works.

As for keeping your level when you change race, I think it should be that way shouldn't it? Otherwise everyone would max out all races easily?

z0na
19-09-05, 08:48 AM
i agree with mc bain. but when you want to raise youre lvl when you have reatch lvl 10 you always need 1000 xp and that not realy easy to get :(

ArTFuL DoDGeR
19-09-05, 12:59 PM
played the warcraft server the other day with a m8 and some other people was pretty damn good :D

Kbrothers
19-09-05, 05:19 PM
i have to sya thta i love the warcraft server- it is a lot of fun knifing people :D hoep you are gonna keep it and maybe have a few more player slots...

Kbrothers

Skavorn
20-09-05, 04:29 PM
Someone has apparantly made a fix so you can reset your XP. I'm just waiting for someone to confirm it works.

As for keeping your level when you change race, I think it should be that way shouldn't it? Otherwise everyone would max out all races easily?

I think Scoobs said theirs 12 levels on each race.....that means I'd have to start getting 1,300XP just for level 1 on a new race.....

I think maxxing the levels under 1 race is V easy......and Can be done in about 3 days.......but then there would be no point unlocking skills for the other races because it's a joke that you its even harder to level up level 1 under a new race than it is level 12 under ur first one.....I mean if you could either use a combination or all the skills off all races "OK!"....but otherwise......people can get to level 12 keep changing races and only have 3 skill points........therefore a level 4 dude can be higher than him......and I didn't know this...I thought like the CS orignal Warcraft mod.....I could just switch race and transfer my skill points across......I've now wasted 3 skill points on a race I don't like..... :(

I understand levelling up is so easy especially being able to buy 100XP......so how about either doubling the XP to advance or something like that.....because its really shite wasting skill points and not being able to use them.

I'm not gonna bother to play on the server anymore until something's done in some way about it.....its really fun, but there isnt even a warning about not being able to change your skill points over when changing race.....and it sucks I'm @ level 6 and only have lvl 3 invisibility :x

Kbrothers
20-09-05, 04:38 PM
to be fair there is only 4 levels of invisibilty...

Crippler2032
20-09-05, 05:18 PM
Skav... ALOT of people have done exactly the same thing as you (myself included) i was lvl 8 before i got invis 4.

McBain
20-09-05, 09:34 PM
I'm not gonna bother to play on the server anymore until something's done in some way about it.....its really fun, but there isnt even a warning about not being able to change your skill points over when changing race.....and it sucks I'm @ level 6 and only have lvl 3 invisibility :x

Thats funny, cause I don't want to put a version on our server that lets people max each race out very easily.

I've no objection to a command that resets your XP though, and you start at level 1 again.

Cyph3rs
21-09-05, 06:45 AM
im level 34 with every ability maxed!! :twisted:

pitchblack
21-09-05, 06:49 AM
ahhhhhhhh many hours with the bots lol.

z0na
21-09-05, 11:03 AM
when you do kameleon with the bots, the bots still know you arent one of them :(

helios
21-09-05, 12:07 PM
same with invisibility, it relies on Human Perception, bots don't "see", and you were never meant to be invisible or be able to switch sides in CSS, so the bots were not programmed to take it into acount.

McBain
05-10-05, 05:14 AM
There has finally been a fairly stable fix released for the Nemod, so the Warcraft server is back up - 82.136.20.56:27045

Let me know of any problems :)

Cyph3rs
05-10-05, 06:30 AM
so does that mean no more zombie horde??

Skavorn
05-10-05, 12:59 PM
yeah...shame coz that zombie horde mod rocked TONS......most fun I'd had on CS in ages....

Cyph3rs
05-10-05, 02:43 PM
nooooooo!!! destroy the warcraft server!! bring back zombie horde!!!

pitchblack
05-10-05, 03:37 PM
think its time for a vote.

Sc00by
05-10-05, 03:46 PM
Vote (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=44630) is up... ;)

McBain
05-10-05, 05:01 PM
Hold on a sec? Who said it was one of the other? Did no-one notice the warcraft server has moved port to allow for the zombie server? :roll:

pitchblack
05-10-05, 05:42 PM
But can you run another server? i mean its struggling atm.

McBain
05-10-05, 05:46 PM
Thats not your concern, thats ours ;) ...and yes, I think we can.

pitchblack
05-10-05, 05:51 PM
It kinda is my concern as im part of this aswell, we are a comunity, im just checking.

helios
05-10-05, 06:31 PM
CPU upgrade was to allow better performance and maby another server :P

pitchblack
05-10-05, 06:45 PM
When was this?

McBain
05-10-05, 08:14 PM
Oh dear. Some people just down read the forum properly do they :roll:

Have a look at the front page, its probably the third item by now. Same news item as the zombie server perhaps?

I do take your point about it being your concern too. Its true there are many supporting our server. I think my point was, don't worry, have faith in what I'm doing :)

Sc00by
05-10-05, 08:18 PM
*has faith*

:mrgreen:

[OLSC]Fizban
05-10-05, 10:18 PM
or failing that beer

helios
06-10-05, 05:52 AM
i'll drink to that.......

pitchblack
06-10-05, 06:42 AM
me two, i do trust you as i don't think you would do any thing to ruin this, im just pointing itout just in case you forgot, i mean i don't know what the servers take and what spec the machine but it sounds like its having trouble atm with 4.

helios
06-10-05, 05:16 PM
the cpu upgrade hbappened on sunday. after that, it handled 4 easily. Problem now is that the CPU is either faulty or overheating.....

pitchblack
06-10-05, 08:45 PM
what has it been upgraded to?

McBain
06-10-05, 08:57 PM
If you want to know about the server, feel free to contact me on Xfire :) This thread is supposed to be about the Warcraft server. :?

pitchblack
06-10-05, 09:05 PM
yea but you know how one subject leads on to another.