PDA

View Full Version : LNY Needs a ZH Server

Cyph3rs
20-09-05, 08:58 PM
I was lookin through the servers on css and found some zombie horde servers, and what you do is, its about 8 human players vs 20 bot zombies (humans can be zombies aswell).

The zombies have 444 health that regerates 10 every 3 seconds, and they can only use knives. And the only way zombies are damaged are with direct headshots.

Humans are just normal, normal health, normal guns.

The reason i ask LNY to see if they could set up a ZH server is because most of the ZH servers arent ideal for people in the UK to play in. I got a ping of around 300 - 400 in all of them and got auto kicked. Overall its a really fun css mod to play. And the zombies do actaully look like zombies and sound like zombies to :D

So just a thought guys :)

McBain
20-09-05, 09:42 PM
We couldn't support more servers than we already have right now :( If we get more donations, it might be a possibility, along with bringing back the speed server :)

pitchblack
20-09-05, 09:48 PM
along with bringing back the speed server Smile
Hopefully this is bottom priority.

[OLSC]Hitman
20-09-05, 10:57 PM
One of the guys at www.X-LANS.co.uk has a Zombies server running, the IP is 212.187.246.14:27015. I've not tried it, but he says it's a blast!

Cyph3rs
21-09-05, 06:38 AM
how much more donation would you need to bring up another server?

pitchblack
21-09-05, 06:41 AM
Probaly enough for another good machine.

Cyph3rs
21-09-05, 06:43 AM
i know, but how much is it for another good machine??

pitchblack
21-09-05, 06:48 AM
Well if mcbain is serious about getting a new machine i can get lots of the bits, obiosly not the high end graphic but i could get ahtlon 64 +3500, with 300gig hdd and a reasonable board eaiserly, o btw the way i can prob run a server from my machine if needed.

helios
21-09-05, 12:26 PM
we don't actually make the machine ourself. We rent one from www.cs-servers.co.uk at around

pitchblack
21-09-05, 03:29 PM
Around 50 pounds a month sounds like a good target, lets try and reach it.

Cyph3rs
21-09-05, 03:32 PM
Or what we could do is, turn the warcraft server into a ZH server and run it as a ZH server for a few weeks, they we will do a vote on the forums which one they prefer, ZH or Warcraft...

Just a thought

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
21-09-05, 03:59 PM
Have played a zombie mod and thought it was pants to be honest. Was about 2 months ago so it could have been different to the one Cyph is talking about. Warcraft server seems to be pretty popular at the mo, be a shame to get rid of it if people want to play.

Penguin
21-09-05, 04:16 PM
yeah, I have never found a decent zombie server. And if it's not got enough people it really sucks....

helios
21-09-05, 04:38 PM
currently, we are puching our CPU hard with the 4 public servers. it is running at over 90% all of the time, and when there is a map change, it goes to 100%, which is why we get lag on the other servers when there is a map change on 1.

Running a ZH server will chew more CPU than the warcraft server, as it will always have a hoarde of bots in, and bots chew CPU.

realisticaly, if we want to run any more servers, we need to get more funding. I feel that it is only worthwhile getting another dedicated server, as 2 20 man public server would be

Kbrothers
21-09-05, 05:10 PM
ZH servers rock i [play on them all the time and tbh i havenmt found myself laggin on the servers i play

but if we did get a ZH server we would have to restrict certain weapons other wise it would be too easy and not fun at all

Kbrothers

Cyph3rs
21-09-05, 05:16 PM
Kbro could you give me a list of all the ZH server I.Ps you play on?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
21-09-05, 08:56 PM
i have also played a ZH server but have also played the Warcraft server a few times and tbh there both about as good as each other

Does this mean for all the servers we run it costs us