PDA

View Full Version : What is it with some players?

BaDBoY UK
20-10-05, 10:13 AM
Hello all,

I am just writing a quick post to say that 2 players called Bubbles and Seagal were tking me on every round last night. They teamed up, and shot me repeatedly - simply because i had a score over 10 :(

When i retaliated for the first time, during a spawn, I was kicked and banned for 10 mins - I dont feel this is fair, especially as they were changing teams to join my team so they could continue to TK me fgs

I dont wish to see them banned but they need to be spoken to next time an admin is there

Thanks to all

BaDBoY

dre
20-10-05, 01:24 PM
Well we will have a word with them and they will be warned about future tks.

Penguin
20-10-05, 04:24 PM
Its best in future not to retaliate- it puts you in the wrong.

There are loads of ways you can contact us admins :D Xfire, IRC and TS channel will usually get you at least one admin. Hopefully in the future there will be more/easier ways :D

helios
20-10-05, 04:43 PM
also, screenshots and steam ids are helpful, aswell as the time.

McBain
20-10-05, 05:59 PM
Surely each time they killed you, you slayed them though right? Did they not get bored of being a spectator too?

pitchblack
20-10-05, 06:01 PM
also for furture refance get the steam IDs, type 'status' in rhe console to get the IDs

BaDBoY UK
20-10-05, 08:18 PM
well actually i will use FRAPS from now on to actually video anyone doin it on purpose

thanks guys

BaDBoY

McBain
21-10-05, 05:46 AM
But that doesn't get their steam ID, which is the most important peice of information to some of us :)

BaDBoY UK
21-10-05, 09:33 AM
Sorry I meant to say + get their steam_id - that way there is no denying what they did - video evidence and all that :)

Cheers

deeayen
21-10-05, 04:12 PM
cctv.... isnt that taking gaming a bit too far lol

helios
21-10-05, 05:01 PM
not really, we can monitor everything that happens through logs, so could get the same effect, but a video recoding is easier and less time conuming, so it's actually a lot better for u poor admins ;)

BaDBoY UK
22-10-05, 03:01 PM
right lads - i dont know why this always happens to me - maybe nonone else complains really

Darkraven was shootin me, i.e. he was on my side, and them was purposely switchin teams to try to tk me again and again and again

i said id report him (even tho it sounded faggy) so he followed me for 2 mins tryin to get me to shoot him. i tried my best to aplay with this loser runnin after me everywhere until i tried to shoot a ct and shot him cos he jumped in the way

i have it all on video - which i will give to anyone over msn - and his steam id is

steam_o:0:7235250 07:02 77 0

what should i do?

Sc00by
23-10-05, 08:19 AM
You been upsetting people? ;)

Yeah whack the demo to one of the admins (Helios, Me, McBain, Penguin, etc) and we'll take a look and take appropiate action.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
23-10-05, 11:32 AM
Hey guys,

The following player:

Pohly" STEAM_0:0:2531248 10:20 116 0 active

TKed me on purpose in the game. Just stood behind me and kept shooting every couple of seconds. Fecker! No admin around unfortunately.

BaDBoY UK
23-10-05, 11:32 AM
I think its just jealousy cos Ive seen the Old Man and Smithy have problems with noobs shootin them from their own team, simply cos they cant kill any of the opposition

my msn is badboybenno@hotmail.com and thats the only was I can pass it on

tbh he's been ok now cos I pointed him in this direction and I think it spooked him - maybe we should should just post names and let them see it to scare them into trying to play properly

I dunno :)

BaDBoY UK
23-10-05, 06:49 PM
Right - seems this little thread has gotton out of hand

Ive just had darkraven or whatever his name is slaggin me off on MSN

chunk seemed to be upset that i dropped his name which i spose i could understand, but to msn me hurling abuse? ffs they accused me of cheating saying they had video evidence of me tracking - my response is get a pair of decent headphones and youll be able to hear ppl coming down ladders etc etc etc - its not "tracking" its called awareness

so I put it to the admin of the forum to whether I was wrong to make this thread - I was simply trying to let people post names of people who act like idiots all the time

css is about fun but people should not be able to take the fun out off css for other people - it's my view that people can live how they want, act how they want, do what they want even - as long as it does not hurt or negatively affect anyone else

so..... Helios, Stokes, McBain + LNY members - if you feel I have been out of order in any way please tell me - but I will not tolerate little people hurling abuse at me - whether it be chunk, raven or anyone else without just cause

P.S. Raven actually said I was a racist - he knows nothing about me, where Im from, who my family are, who my friends are - yet he has the audasity to call me a RACIST

BaDBoY

McBain
23-10-05, 07:03 PM
Personally I have no problem with a thread like this. If the people mentioned have a problem, they should come and give us there side of the story.

Badboy, I've sent you an Xfire invite. Best thing to do, when things are going on, give me a shout (or another admin) and we can come in under a different name to witness it.

DarkRavenv1
27-10-05, 06:34 PM
Right I've finally signed up to clear this mess up

:evil:

Firstly, Badboy you can run your mouth Helios isn't on the server with Evil Empire, which by the way I have loads of screens of him giving me abuse today, but when Helios is there you want to call a 'truce'. A good example of that would be last night when you where on the assault server with me and Chunk and Evil you and Evil were happily running your mouths knowing there was no admin in sight.

Secondly, this message is for Admins: I am worried that if Badboy becomes admin his fist action will be to ban me and Chunk as he has a personal vendetta against us.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to reply to your post about msn, as far as me and Chunk are concerned the msn conversation has nothing to do with Counter Stirke Source.

Wesk

P.s. For the record a truce would have been fine but you clearly don't have enough self control to call it a day.

BaDBoY UK
27-10-05, 07:29 PM
Lol it has all become redundent now anyway Raven - I have resigned my position within LNY as the honourable thing - I DO NOT want to bring any negativites against LNY inanyway as they have shown me nothing but kindness. It seems I let you get to me which was the biggest mistake I made.

I have asked Helios to inform the clan and I would like to personally apologise for this silly mess. I extend thanks to those clan members who I feel I have let down, those people who stood next to me on the field of css.

To avoid future conflicts I will choose to play css on servers other than LNY, and wish Raven, and everyone else, happy hunting :arrow:

For the last time

BaDBoY

DarkRavenv1
27-10-05, 08:32 PM
Now i didn't ever once mention badboy in the one thread ive posted, the times we've had "disagreements" or in game, i want u 2 quit LNY the clan or stop playin their servers.

However, i can and will never change anuother mans decsion but i think that it seems silly to quit LNY because u dont like me and visa versa.

Wesk

bones
27-10-05, 08:50 PM
yo badboy,
dont worry about it. they must be put to justice!

i had a guy called funnybones TKing me every time i spawned!
it turned out he was a m8 of mine from school! :lol:

i gave him a good seeing to with my knucles!

but anyway badboy, dont worry about it, there are thousands of servers out there! go and play another!

BaDBoY UK
27-10-05, 09:06 PM
tbh i will still continue to use the LNY servers but this whole mess is reflecting badly on LNY and thats not something I will allow after everything they have done for me

I will speak to the guys at the top but right now, Id rather just keep my mouth shut and play the game that takes me away from 4th year cambridge physics :)

as for LNY|S - well, maybe in the future when Raven and I have settled our differences - but I feel helios and I are agreed standing down my post is the best thing for both myself and LNY

good luck too all and happy hunting

** Wingman BaDBoY :)

helios
27-10-05, 09:15 PM
badboy, i didn't want you to stand down, just for you to realise that insulting people for any reason on our servers is not acceptable. if you or Evil had had screenshots or exact times of it, then it could have been easier, but all i was getting was dark's screenshots of you abuse.

Yes, if dark wsa TW/TAing and being abusive, then he is in the wrong, but retaliation is not the answer. Taking deepbreaths, calming down and taking screenshots and passing them to the admin is the right thing to do, if it is repeated rule breaking.

Anyway, no matter what happens, see you around Wingman, i'll have your back any day.

DarkRavenv1
27-10-05, 09:27 PM
Right....

Ive got to say this guys, admins and players alike, at the end of the day its a game guys, whoeva is wrong and whoeva is right, that dont matta.

I'll say this badboy, we were both wrong, to rise to it either way, no hard feelings. Its over.

Wesk

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
27-10-05, 09:29 PM
Looking at the transcript and based on the fact that Raven has been using very offensive racial terms on the server (based on badboy's first mail) is he going to be banned? I don't think that's something that LNY should accept in any way shape or form. I don't think raven should get away with this type of behaviour lightly. Just my thoughts but had to let them be known.

DarkRavenv1
27-10-05, 09:31 PM
wot racial offensive terms?

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
27-10-05, 09:42 PM
What a :monkey: It doesn't appear raven did use racially offensive language based on what's been posted so far (getting my posts mixed up!). Apologies Raven.

(Shite goes and sits in the corner facing the wall for being a dumbass and forgetting to check the posts before posting)

BaDBoY UK
27-10-05, 10:38 PM
Raven was never racist in any way though he has been abusive. but then so was I - so I agree with raven on this, we were both very wrong and helios is very correct in that noone should ever be abusive on an LNY server - whether in retaliation or not.

The reason I am stepping down, is because I was abusive to raven while flying the LNY tags, and I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. This was totally unacceptable, and although this sounds like media rhetoric, I am a man of my word, and when I joined LNY i accpeted the terms and have broken them - this is wrong despite the circumstances.

I really do not want to leave, but do not know how others feel at this point.

I wish LNY the very best of luck in the future and hope I may still use their fantastic servers for CSS.

Happy hunting all

BaDBoY

Lestat
28-10-05, 07:51 AM
Okay this thread has gone on long enough there doe snot need to be any more posts. Badboy has left for now. IF raven,badboy and evil can not work out there differences over the next week, they will be banned from all LNY servers. I will be on the assault server alot. And I say to you 2 work it out. I personally think this should not gone on as long as it did.

Badboy if you can settle you differences with raven and you can both act with some maturity we will have no problem with you being in this clan. treat each other as if you lived next door to each other. that is how i lead my online life. And you know what it works :)

McBain
29-10-05, 09:26 AM
We hoped it was over, but apparently not. To confirm, Wesk is also DarkRaven right? Or they are using the same Steam account anyway...

http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/files/wesk.jpg

This was said last night by EvilEmpire, which has earnt himself a ban from the Assault server.

If I have to spend any more time looking through logs to sort this situation out, I can gaurantee you more bans will follow. Please just let it drop. Thank you.

chunk
29-10-05, 10:07 AM
wot so that was evil empire under wesk's name, if so thats quite sad i think

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:12 AM
Either that or Evil E IS wesk? :? (but I think not - so, yes that's pretty sad)

I don't play on the assualt server but it does seem to cause all kinds of problems. Maybe the problems are caused because most of the admins play on the other servers? Maybe we should just get rid of the assault server for being far more trouble than it's worth? I mean it's not as if it's actually a good map :?

bones
29-10-05, 10:14 AM
some people are just noobs who have nothuing better to do than bait other talented players!

(like me!) :roll:

just tell them to get lost and if they dont move to another server!

chunk
29-10-05, 10:20 AM
yeah he is sad he stole his name aswell when it was darkraven agfain which is quite sad.

anyway thank god hes banned for no reason he started callin me just cause im one of wesk/raven friends.

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 10:25 AM
hmmmm it seems this has gone beyond 'too far'

the beef between raven and I was ours alone, and no-one was else was involved - the reason raven also had beef with Evil was because one game, raven ta'd evil several times when evil was camping, as a t, in the t-junction of the vent, and raven could therefore not enter it. Their beef was nothing to do with ours.

i'm sorry for my part in this rediculous matter, and am deeply saddened by what Evil did with the message. If i knew it was him posing as Wesk/Raven, I would not of reported it to Helios which I was asked to do if anything else occurred.

McBain, please accept my apologies for your time wasted on this matter. As far as I am concerned, raven and I sorted it until, that night, and until Helios performed his little... errr.... scheme of entrapment.

McBain
29-10-05, 10:36 AM
Well, both you and Wesk/DarkRaven seemed to behave yourself last night ;) Thank you. Its a shame Evil E decided to try and stir things up :roll:

If he decideds to come here and apologise and promise to be a good little gamer, I would consider lifting the ban.

chunk
29-10-05, 10:37 AM
how u know it was evil empire same id?

McBain
29-10-05, 10:39 AM
Yes, everyone has a unique ID that can't be faked or altered...

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:39 AM
Yeah same Steam ID. the name may change, but the steam account remains the same.

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 10:41 AM
yeah, we did, simply because we did not prevoke eachother which is how i want it tbh - its a game after all, but its a game i need because it gets me away from my real life (4th year cambridge physics, away from home and missin my gf) so along with other distractions like the gym, lapdancin bars and vodka, it is a necessity

with regard leaving LNY|S how do you feel about this McBain? bottom of my heart I dont want to leave but what I have said above applies, I dont want to bring any negativity to the clan, after the friendship I was shown, but your thoughts would be gratly appreciated

McBain
29-10-05, 10:44 AM
Well myself, I am happy enough for you to stay (I've not removed you on ED), as long as you can curb the 'abuse' to light hearted jibes on the server. ;)

I will put it to the other senior members and we'll see :) (Will let you know in the next day ot two at latest)

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
29-10-05, 10:49 AM
Maybe we should just get rid of the assault server for being far more trouble than it's worth?

It's the one map I just can't get into. It's like a lamb to the slaughter everytime I play. I know a lot of the guys play it all the time so to remove it all together would be a shame but what about adding a couple of other maps to the cycle - aztec / Italy and maps we use for matches would be good.

chunk
29-10-05, 10:50 AM
Evil's quite stupid then cause wen raven changed his name to wesk he noticed who it was from steams ids, then goes and gets banned on same priciple which is beyond stupid

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:52 AM
Assault/Italy makes a lot of sense, they're similar maps... maybe we should up the ante for greifing and enable snipers? ;)

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
29-10-05, 10:57 AM
That'd be fun. I'd play the map more often just to see the rage :ranting:

Italy's a class map aswell. Please add it!

DarkRavenv1
29-10-05, 10:57 AM
Its the actual raven/wesk now

What has he been doin? does this im banned from the assault server, im confused. Your sayin evil has portayed himself as me in a feeble attempt to get me in the dog house?

I think an assault italy server would be good also.

The only way i kne bout these threads was by ringin chunk moments ago.

So wots goin on

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 11:00 AM
evil posed as you, came on slated me (dont know why), then i reported it to helios cos I was fumin (thinkin it was you)

they checked steam id's and it seems it was not you, it was Evil, so you are not banned, Evil has been

DarkRavenv1
29-10-05, 11:02 AM
How stupid is that lad

I changed my name to wesk to avoid trouble, which didn't last very long because he checked steam ids, but he goes and tries to slate you using the same principal. Stupid.

So wot u guys think to maybe makin an assault/italy server? i need to get those sniper skills out!!!

Wesk( the real one)

McBain
29-10-05, 11:09 AM
I would be interested in other regulars opinions. I'll make a new thread about it.

FIDDY
29-10-05, 11:18 AM
i also agree that another map (s) should be added to the cycle,
i am a regular with the server and think it would be good to add italy and mabee aztec with the snipers

chunk
29-10-05, 11:20 AM
sod aztec, its crap, anyone else wid me

McBain
29-10-05, 11:24 AM
The conversation about different maps has moved here (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4119&highlight=).

chunk
29-10-05, 11:28 AM
lol thought it was getting a little off the origianl topic

evilempire
29-10-05, 09:00 PM
I know my actions over the last few days have been without a doubt childish and immature I would like to apologise for this and give my reasons.
I have played on your server for some time and enjoyed it up until i encountered DArkraven/wesk i have no beef with anybody but i was merely saying to a fellow gamer that i was 28yo and ran my own business and he decided he wanted to tell people he knew i was 15 and that i had said so before which is ludicrous i know my age and i have played CS/CSS for many years. I found this to be annoying and fruitless for wesk to continue as he knows nothing about me at all.
From then on end he constantly made abusive remrks towards me at which point i was unaware of the F5 to take screenshots and then The TA'ing and TK'ing started when he couldn't enter vent if i was already in position this again was frustrating then he bagan goading me into confrontations and gaining his own screen shots of my replies i feel he was very sneaky in his actions. Then i started recieving the same TA's/TK's from chunk in vent i had no idea he and raven were friends. I know my actions cant be excused lightley but i felt he had got away with alot more than anyone knew and was frustrated as this had fallen back on Badboy who didn't deserve this treatment either.
I find wesk and chunk although fine players to be annoying and out for conflict with all thay can and entrap people who get onthe wrong side of them with sneaky tactics.
I have enjoyed playing on your server and would like to return if however you cant allow this i will understand thank you for a few months of happy fragging and again i apologise wholeheartedly for my stupid and childish response to this abuse
regards
evil empire

chunk
29-10-05, 09:14 PM
Yes it was stupid to think changing your name will get Wesk banned, I never got involved you TAing me for blocking the vents I never attacked you if I did it was by accident or I shot you in the foot in retalitaion which wouldn't take much hp, and you got me involved by saying that me and wesk were gays, when I had done nothing to you which was beyond childish

Edit by Penguin: text speak and grammar

Penguin
29-10-05, 09:30 PM
Guys, this is OVER. Dealt with. There may be a small chance that you will get un-banned, but I don't know. If it were up to me, I would keep you guys banned, you broke our rules.

Please don't question this, we provide this service for you, spending money and time. If you wish to be banned from the forums, continue in this childish, arguing way.

Also, if you are going to be on the forums, please post in ENGLISH. Not text speak.

McBain
29-10-05, 10:16 PM
I am more interested why Evil came on as Wesk when the whole matter was supposed to have been wrapped up and finished. This wasted a lot of my time, checking logs and such... which I don't appreciate right now.

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 10:26 PM
It is over. Wesk and I are no longer speaking at all which means we cannot argue - I feel this will be an unwritten rule for both of us for some time to come, but I'm sure we both get something from fraggin eachother :) . Although Evil Empire is a cs friend and I respect him as a player, I do not agree with what he did, nor condone it, but I do understand it.

However, Penguin is right, LNY provide us with a service that we DO NOT pay them for. Anyone can use an LNY server - servers which I had found to be fast and welcoming (by most).

This is the final time I will apologise for this whole mess and I feel this thread should be locked very soon, but kept to warn others of the harsh realities that await people who abuse other players.

So... my sincere apologies to all LNY members, Wesk and Chunk

happy hunting

BaDBoY

DarkRavenv1
29-10-05, 10:37 PM
Its over

Lock the thread down, but keep it here to remind other players what happens when abuse gets thrown around, yea badboy i agree with you, we dont speak its easier that way. I'm not happy with what evil did at all it wos malcious and devious.

However, i am not a man who holds grudges, thats why i beg u admins to un ban him and give him a chance, we all make mistakes.

Wesk

helios
30-10-05, 12:02 AM
My personal recommendation is that the ban against evil shoud NOT be lifted, as I talked to him the other day about the abuse, and, while i was trying to deal with another problem on the assault server, he insulted me personally.

Evil, you may have been on our servers for a while, but our rules apply to EVERYONE equally. And impersonating another player to get them banned is just dispicable, and anyone who partakes in this practice is not welcome in Lanarchy as far as i am concerned.

and until Helios performed his little... errr.... scheme of entrapment.
As for this, I am sorry that i had to do this badboy, but it was the only way i could see of trying to get some proper resolution to this.

TOPIC LOCKED