PDA

View Full Version : Need More Servers

DarkRavenv1
06-11-05, 11:15 AM
Hey guys, ive been lookin at these new steam updates n the news n stuff and they say they r brignin out a malitia and nuke map. Im a big fan of malitia when it wos on 1.6 and i think it would be a great idea if u guys made a server with malitia and assault on, purly because i used ato play a server the same as that and it was really popular with players of all types.

Wesk

ArTFuL DoDGeR
06-11-05, 11:27 AM
Yes i think some people were saying about adding the malitia map to one of the cycle's, i never played it because i didnt have 1.6 but by the sound of it, it sounds good, we'll just have to see how things go, but i dont think we'll be creating a new server it will just be changing one of the current serevrs.

Stokes

DarkRavenv1
06-11-05, 11:30 AM
It was one of the most popular maps i thought on 1.6, it was a fair map both teams had an equal chance of winning.

It would be nice to see Lanarchy add it, o btw i like the new Italy/Aztec itsm kinda cool but everytime ive been on its been empty.

What do u admins think bout perhaps addin malitia into a map cycle?

Wesk

BaDBoY UK
06-11-05, 11:38 AM
malitia? surely you mean militia?

and that map was awesome, as was siege (to a degree) yet they do not appear in CS:S - being fairly new I have searched for them :(

aztec/italy server has barely been used by my reckoning - ive been on a couple of times but only a few peeps have been on

more servers = 1) less room on others OR 2) more money for LNY to have to find - but this is of course the responsibility of McBain et al :)

DarkRavenv1
06-11-05, 11:42 AM
I aint sayin make a new server, im wid stokes i think it should be added into a new map cycle when it is realsed, as it was a very fond map of players in 1.6.

Siege was an awesome map, bit one sided though. However, i personally think admins should look into it because that italy aztec server aint doin so good atm.

Wesk

BaDBoY UK
06-11-05, 11:46 AM
agreed on the italy/aztec server point but I cant tell whether this is because of lack of advertisement at the moment

lets see what the guys at the top have to say :)

DarkRavenv1
06-11-05, 01:55 PM
Yeah what is the point in that Italy?aztec server atm because so far ive seen up to 4 players on at once, not including bots.

I've been readin the thread about the ZH server and i think it is kinda useless in some ways because it can get knida boring but on the other hand what would it be replaced with? some practice server for LNY members and admins? i think thats kinda unfair for normal regulars but its admins choice ne ways

dre
06-11-05, 02:18 PM
The thing is mate we do need time to practice tatics as we are a clan.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
06-11-05, 02:33 PM
No affence or anything Darkraven but seeing as you are not a member of LNY you wont understand, playing on public servers with people who like to mess around etc whereas if we had a closed server with a password we could run through tactics with each other etc. :?

Stokes

DarkRavenv1
06-11-05, 02:47 PM
Ah right, but im still sayin militia into a map cycle

Sgt. Stadanko
06-11-05, 03:08 PM
Yea but remember the more servers they are running on the box the more laggier the existing servers will become because of the shared CPU usage.

...or summit like tht... *someone correct me if i'm bullshitting*

dre
06-11-05, 03:15 PM
NO i think you are correct. (im not to bright so i might be wrong)

helios
06-11-05, 04:07 PM
Same old problem - more servers = more money required. We are fairly near the limit to the number of servers we can run currently, so the only way we can really get more servers is to have more funding.

FIDDY
06-11-05, 06:37 PM
i have not been on milita so can anyone explain to me what it is like

McBain
06-11-05, 07:10 PM
I'm fairly sure I said Militia would be on the italy/aztec server when it gets released :)

Having said that, some people have been commenting the servers are lagging already... and the italy server hasn't even been getting much use from what I'm told.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
06-11-05, 08:10 PM
Whenever I've been on CSS the aztec/Italy servers have only had the bots playing. Would have thought it would have been a bit busier, is it promoted on the other servers / main page yet?

I think as soon as we get a few people playing the maps it should take off.

McBain
06-11-05, 08:17 PM
No, not put it in the adverts of other servers or anything just yet. I will try and get round to it at somepoint.