PDA

View Full Version : First Time Ive Been Slapped By Admin?

jezzag
13-11-05, 08:21 PM
Hi

Today i was joyfully playing CS i was told to get out of a vent while been called a noob so i did for a reason i dont know why ? (CT/S were coming through)

Then

The person who said this died seconds later i said well you are rubbish now you are dead just as friendly banter

Then i was slapped by this person who said thats punishment for insulting admin? (who then said he was just basic admin)

Then later i see poor Helios getting loads of people swearing at him(who is proper admin) yet he did not slapp any one

ive kept basic admin's identidy a secret to protect the innocent

:)

bones
13-11-05, 08:26 PM
well some people get a little annoyed at the slightest little thing.
its best just to avoid them really. and saying this person is rubbish isnt the nicest thing you could have said to him/her. (i am not trying to put you down)
How much health was taken from the slap?

jezzag
13-11-05, 08:38 PM
It Was A Heat Of The Moment Kinda Thing Calling Me A Noob After Telling Me To Do Something And Then Dieing I Didnt Mean Anything By It....Yet He Has The Power To Slap Me...Hmmmmm?

And He Took All My Health. Thats Great For The Team

But Ill Still Be Playing,Well Trying Too
Peace
:)

bones
13-11-05, 09:14 PM
oh dear......well if you were me i would have pointed out that it was bad for my team that he killed me, also i would have called him a noob.
because he dies straight after he calls you a noob. that isnt very good!

McBain
13-11-05, 09:51 PM
Jezzag, please message me who this was. Thanks.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
13-11-05, 09:56 PM
The best thing is not to call anyone a noob. IMHO as a basic admin someone shouldn't be slapped for calling someone else rubbish. It's not even a particularly bad insult, to be honest I wouldn't even treat it as an insult.

I don't think there is any reason an admin should slap someone to nothing unless the person is purposely team attacking or doing something similar. If it happens again jezzag I would let Helios, McBain, Scooby or Penquin know. If it happened as you said it did then it's really an abuse of admin powers.

*Edit* Sorry McB, took a bit longer to type this than you did I think. Yours wasn't there a second ago :)

helios
14-11-05, 07:01 AM
the only reason i feel somone should be punished for insulting is if they do it repeatedly AND it is more than just n00b OR, if they blatantly insult an admin while the admin is dealing with another problem/has dealt with them and they don't like it. Yes i will remind people to tone the insults down usually.

Lestat
14-11-05, 08:52 AM
If I found a admin doing this his privlages should be taken away immediatly for abuse of admin power.

McBain
14-11-05, 09:03 AM
I've looked through the logs, both of this issue and of the admin in questions other admin actions. It looks to be a one off issue where the admin feels a player is not attempting to complete the map objectives, so has acted on the player. Obviously it should have been a slap with 0 damage.

I have sent a message to the admin in question, outlining what should have happened.

I would always like to be kept informed of such matters, so please keep up the feedback, thanks.

BaDBoY UK
14-11-05, 09:06 AM
I have also been witness to certain people... err... I wouldnt say abusing their powers, as this is too strong a word and has all sorts of negative connotations, rather taking certain situations one step too far. I could hazard a guess at who this was that punished poor jezzag, but this is for the Admins to deal with (maybe in their private Admin forum)

McBain
14-11-05, 09:27 AM
But we can't deal with things unless people let us know what has happened, like Jezzag has. :?

jezzag
14-11-05, 10:56 PM
Cheers McBain for Having Words

But For Objectives
I Was Playing On The Asault Server Not One I Go One Much

But I Got The General Idea Was To Stop CT From Stopping T To Take Hostages So I Stopped Them Coming Through Vents Which They Were Coming From.

I Would Say That Is For The Team (Map Objective)

But Im Kool With Basic Admin

Keep Up The Good Work

Peace

McBain
14-11-05, 11:07 PM
But I Got The General Idea Was To Stop CT From Stopping T To Take Hostages So I Stopped Them Coming Through Vents Which They Were Coming From.
You've lost me there... are you a T or a CT? T's are supposed to stop CT's from rescuing the hostages. Many people play as CT and then sit camping somewhere. This is likely to warrent a slap :) (Usually for 0 damage though)

pitchblack
14-11-05, 11:12 PM
If i remeber correctly and correct event he was a ct camping on the boxes outside the front so i said attemp to complete all objectives at all times an slaped him off with no damage.

jezzag
14-11-05, 11:43 PM
lol I Did See Obvious Mistake I Tried To Do In Edit? But Did Not Work U Know What I Mean

As For PitchBlack I Dont Know What He Is Talking About ? Lol

Peace

Fat Tony
15-11-05, 01:01 PM
Pitch I think you might be confused. when i witnissed the event in disscussion the only camping jezzag was doing was at the end of the vent.....unfortunatly for me.
Unless you're talking about a different time?

Kbrothers
15-11-05, 04:24 PM
is it just me that thinks it is annoying when Jezzag Types With Capitals At The Front Of All His Words?? Completely off topic I know- but I had to ask :P

Edit Penguin- text speak/spelling

Penguin
15-11-05, 04:33 PM
BecoZ it bets tping b0ll0x lkie ths :|

(Because it beats typing bollocks like this)

pitchblack
15-11-05, 04:36 PM
i did say if i rember correctly and rembering the right event, but doesnt look like this was this so i will shut up.

Sgt. Stadanko
15-11-05, 06:27 PM
Can you guys get over the whole spelling thing, If you can get the gist of what the post means don't complain, it makes you look like a complete nerdwad.

I seen Jezzag on dust2/office and he seems like an alright dude. One person who is slightly annoying is a one 'COUNTERKILLER'. He seems unable to type without using capslock and is generally quite mouthy, penguin could probaly vouch for me on this one.

Penguin
15-11-05, 06:35 PM
Personally, I'm not fussed about spelling. It's when people post craply and complain because somebody can actually type, or when somebody just posts crap that doesn't form a valid sentance/ cannot be read (as seen a lot before everybody complained a lot :D ) that I start to get grumpy :D

But yeah, slightly more on topic, COUNTERKILLER always has a ping of around 200, is quite mouthy, and always types in caps. I've PMd him in-game to ask him to be a bit less mouthy, and to stop typng in caps/spamming in caps, and to see if he can get his ping down (and, yes, I have kicked him once or twice when the server is full and he lags a lot). But I don't want to stop him playing on our servers :?

Sgt. Stadanko
15-11-05, 06:43 PM
He is a real enigma. He plays well yet he doesn't know what a capslock button is or what ping is.

WTF!?!?!

McBain
15-11-05, 07:33 PM
Can you guys get over the whole spelling thing, If you can get the gist of what the post means don't complain, it makes you look like a complete nerdwad.
Sorry, no. We either pursuade people to respect the forum and its users so they post legible posts, or we just ban them... I myself don't want to have to spend time trying to figure out what people have posted.

Maybe we start working a warning system. Certain amounts of warnings for poor posting and you get a 3 day ban from posting? :) :thumbs:

jezzag
15-11-05, 09:21 PM
Cheers Stadanko Thanks I Dont Really See A Big Problem In My Caps Ting Yeah Ive Seen Ya On The Office Ya Kool To

But The Funny Thing Spelling Has Been Mentioned In This Post

Please Could Some One Say Where I Have Done Some Bad Spelling?

And I Dont Text Whats Text Speech Lol

Peace