PDA

View Full Version : WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero found dead

Azreal
13-11-05, 07:27 PM
WCCO) Minneapolis World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis Sunday morning, police said.

Guerrero, 38, was found in his room at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis. He was in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" TV taping at Target Center.

Police were called to the hotel just after 7:30 a.m. and attempts were made to revive the wrestler, Minneapolis Police Department spokesperson Ron Reier said.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Police do not believe foul play was involved.

Chavo Guerrero, Jr., Guerrero's nephew and a fellow WWE wrestler, said he and his uncle flew in together Saturday night and were supposed to meet for breakfast Sunday morning.

When Guerrero did not show up as expected, security was called to open his room, Chavo Guerrero, Jr. said.

WWE Chair Vince McMahon said Sunday's "Supershow" taping will now be a four-hour tribute to Guerrero, who was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" The tributes will air this week.

Eddie Guerrero had recently celebrated his fourth year of sobriety, WWE officials said.

The wrestler's struggles with alcohol and drug addiction were detailed in the DVD "Cheating Death, Stealing Life," released last year. An autobiography of the same name was due in bookstores this December, according to Simon & Schuster's Web site.

Son of legendary Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero has also wrestled with World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, among other federations.

Guerrero grew up in El Paso, Texas and had recently moved to Phoenix, Ariz. World Wrestling Entertainment said he is survived by his wife, Vickie; and daughters Shaul, 14; Sherilyn, 9; and Kaylie Marie, 3. :( source http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_317110540.html

pitchblack
13-11-05, 08:10 PM
omg, i loved him, he was the best, he cheats he lies and he steals and has cool cars.

Azreal
13-11-05, 08:33 PM
They are planning to have a 4hr tribute show on raw tommorow as well as a tribute show on Smackdown this coming tuesday.

pitchblack
13-11-05, 08:34 PM
i dont watch it nomore ever since they moved it of skyone.

Azreal
13-11-05, 08:51 PM
Ive stopped watching wwe programming since it has become pretty shite over the last few yrs, but Eddie G was proberbly one of the very few that could put up a good match with anybody and make his oponent look good. He is definatly going to be missed.

McBain
13-11-05, 08:57 PM
Wow, I really like Eddie G, one of my favourite wrestlers. :( He will definitely be missed.

I don't watch it as much as I used to either, I haven't liked it as much since they took over the other company and then split to Raw and Smackdown...

On the matter of Eddie, what are the odds on his death being drug related in some way?

Azreal
13-11-05, 09:11 PM
I think it would be a big shame if it was drug related, If I recall WWE mentioned numourous times about how Eddie had overcome all these advercities(specifically drugs) and fought his way back to the top, and from what Ive seen he was slowly becoming a face again.

Kona
13-11-05, 09:40 PM
I dont watch wwe nemore caus i dont have the time but when i did eddie was probaly one of the best there as well as being my favourite combined with john cena.
I feel that his death is probbaly drug related but dont want to think that. :(

lnr
14-11-05, 07:01 AM
Could have been drug related, but not necessarily meaning he was using recently. The man was a monster (I mean he was built like a tank) and he had a very rigorous lifestyle. Could have been something as simple as his heart giving out, weakened after years of drug use and unable to continue beating... But thats just a theory, I dont really watch wrestling and only know him by sight, but I do hope he didn't go back to drugs and alcohol, its always such a shame when someone does...

Azreal
14-11-05, 11:06 AM
aparently it was heart Failure, He was due to win the title at the next event as well since the current champ (Batista) was injured and was scheduled for surgery.

McBain
14-11-05, 11:11 AM
I think lnr hit the nail on the head. He abused his body pretty badly (drugwise I mean) and also forced it through a lot of very hard work, the guy was ripped for a short lad...