PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Delayed...

Crippler2032
30-07-03, 01:08 PM
Hes part of a report i copied from Gamesradar:

[30/07/2003: 12:51]
We'd suspected it for a while but finally Valve have confirmed that the FPS sequel won't hit its September release

The rumours that have been sweeping the games industry for the last few days are, sadly, true: Half-Life 2's release date has been postponed.

Originally due out on 30 September, the stunning-looking FPS is now scheduled for release during "holiday season 2003" or just in time for Christmas, in other words.

Developers Valve Software have yet to reveal a reason for the delay. We'll bring you more on this story in the very near future.

In the meantime, check out the links below for footage of the game in action to see why it'll be more than worth the wait...

Reevey
30-07-03, 02:08 PM
A number of gaming sites out there are carrying word of an alleged Half-Life 2 delay according to some folks at Vivendi Universal who are publishing the title retail for Valve Software. However word doesnt seem to have traveled down to Valve according to an email pulled from the Steam forums. (We havent been able to directly confirm or deny with anyone at Valve yet) who might know a thing or two about that. timm of Shacknews comments fame already pointed out this Gabe Newell response:

First time I've heard about this.

So there you go, dont panic just yet as Valve Software decides when they ship, not Vivendi. Valve says there is no delay (that they are aware of, and well.. if anyone is aware of a delay it would be Valve), then there is no delay. Things are still on target for Sept 30th until/unless Valve says otherwise. This is of course assuming the email is legit. The bit about something like this coming down from Vivendi is a bit far fetched too given Valve's situation so what the hell. We'll have word here for you guys as soon as we hear from Valve.

Taken from www.gotfrag.com

Skavorn
30-07-03, 04:46 PM
if it is delayed it f*cking sux

Crippler2032
30-07-03, 05:53 PM
I'm not suprised to be honest, the set release date seemed VERY quick...

Sc00by
30-07-03, 05:59 PM
They'll still get it out before CZ ever sees the light of day though! :P

Crippler2032
30-07-03, 06:00 PM
actually CZ will almost certainly be out before HL 2, sometime early september i think

Sc00by
30-07-03, 06:02 PM
Yeah we'll see... Wanna put money on it? :D

Crippler2032
30-07-03, 06:05 PM
i'll put

Sc00by
30-07-03, 06:14 PM
:lol: I'm not a betting man, but we shall see. What was the original CZ release date again?

Crippler2032
30-07-03, 06:16 PM
about 2 years ago i think (at least 18months ago).

On an interesting note, They've recently put up an official CZ site (i'll see if i can find the web address somewhere) which has pics of the models etc... & info on some of the missions

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
30-07-03, 07:44 PM
They've recently put up an official CZ site ...pics of the models

And the SAS one is a disgrace :x

Reevey
30-07-03, 08:47 PM
If they have delayed HL2, think why.... because it's not finished.

I would rather have a slightly late version, than one that isn't finished. (Cough that star wars game, cough)

HUNTER
31-07-03, 12:46 PM
If they have delayed HL2, think why.... because it's not finished.

I would rather have a slightly late version, than one that isn't finished. (Cough that star wars game, cough)

or the hl2 team are just mucking around on it too much and enjoying their creation too much to release it

Skavorn
31-07-03, 02:19 PM
:lol: I'm not a betting man, but we shall see. What was the original CZ release date again?

awwww scoobs bottling out like that......

or the hl2 team are just mucking around on it too much and enjoying their creation too much to release it just coz the half life 2 engine owns.....I smell a bit of jealously

HUNTER
31-07-03, 04:32 PM
skavorn at least get your quotes right.

i'm not jelous that the hl2 team may be mucking around on the game now.

you can try and ster this up as much as you want but i like the unreal engine u like the hl2 engine i'm not going to kick ur ass over it

Skavorn
31-07-03, 04:57 PM
:lol: ok

hehe