PDA

View Full Version : Date Movie

Poo Bear
08-03-06, 01:18 PM
Well....what to say....I dont normally hate movies but this one....utter crap! The only good part was the MJ mick-take & the dog! the rest was complete shit! If you are signed up to UGC like myself go see it, if you have to pay for it, avoid!!!!!

LiNK
08-03-06, 02:21 PM
Yes I read about this movie on IMDb..... horrible
It got a 2.8 (out of 10 with 3,269 votes) which is lower than any movie i've ever seen there! I knew not to see it when i read this:
This movie is one of the most horrible experiences of my life. With once having sat through twelve hours of constipation, I have yet to sit through a dump that was more excruciatingly painful than watching this two hour film. The worst part is it isn't even two hours, it's eighty minutes, but it makes you feel like you must have aged four or five years through this......Finally, the ending seemed to have been thrown in to make an attempt to give the male audience a boner so maybe the wouldn't come out of the theater asking for a gun. No, the worst travesty is not that I spent $6.75 on this movie, but that I will never be the same person I was before. This is the stuff nightmares are made of. Don't go see this under any circumstances. If your significant other wants to see this, fake your death. Anyway you can get out of this movie is truly a blessing
So Poo Bear do yourself a big favor and check IMDb before watching movies and save yourself a lot of pain/ agony/ money*

*Which ever appropriate

gob
08-03-06, 02:45 PM
I saw this (luckily didn't have to pay) and I think that the IMDb average score of 2.8/10 is very kind.

The Scary Movies are similar movies - a series of set pieces connected by a very tenuous story with parodies of other films thrown in - but at least they had some funny scenes.

You would have thought that with Alyson Hannigan as the lead it would have some good scenes - nope. She is awful (sorry Scoobs). I like Eddie Griffin normally (Undercover Brother, Deuce Bigelo) but in this - not funny. Fred Willard (Anchorman, Best In Show, Everybody Loves Raymond) is one of my favourite comedy character actors - not funny.

Date Movie is not funny, not well made and not worth it. The trailer is actually funnier than the movie as the one funny line in the trailer isn't in the movie itself - no doubt being saved for the Special Edition DVD.

Avoid at all costs - a film with no good bits. 0/10

Poo Bear
08-03-06, 03:14 PM
So Poo Bear do yourself a big favor and check IMDb before watching movies and save yourself a lot of pain/ agony/ money*

*Which ever appropriate

I pay a monthly subcription to UGC cinemas and can go when ever I want how many times I want so I didn't have to pay for it! :D

Sc00by
09-03-06, 07:48 AM
Moved to the relevent place on the forum...

I quite fancied this (well I quite fancy AH ;) ) but I think i'll be staying well clear. Cheers for the heads up!

Poo Bear
09-03-06, 10:46 AM
Moved to the relevent place on the forum...

I quite fancied this (well I quite fancy AH ;) ) but I think i'll be staying well clear. Cheers for the heads up!

Good move! Its very boring, I nearly started to fall asleep (seriours!)

Ninja2000
09-03-06, 11:12 AM
It wasnt bad,I thought it was funny in some parts,I didnt pay for it though,got the girlfriend to pay me in so no harm done!

BaDBoY UK
09-03-06, 11:30 AM
Just watched the trailer - not my cup of tea but may get a dvd copy soon just to watch it and see how bad it is - I wont be shelling out for it though :thumbs: